- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Holton H279 Farkas Professional French Horn
- Write a Review
- #460392 000000000 460392000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Holton H279 Farkas Professional French Horn is the same as model H179, but with a detachable bell. Farkas models are regarded among working profe...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
With detachable bell.
The Holton H279 Farkas Professional French Horn is the same as model H179, but with a detachable bell. Farkas models are regarded among working professionals and leading academics as the flagships of the Holton fleet. These French Horns produce the truly centered tone sought by all, and its true temper makes it a delight to fly over even the most difficult passages. The solid nickel silver edition model H279 has especially good center and projection. This free-blowing horn features a rich, dark sound designed for the "big horn" artist. The tapered tubing and throat of the bell are larger for a bigger, darker tone. The H279 French Horn's bell flare produces a mellow, velvety tone plus a little overtone of a ringing quality. Hard nickel silver responds quickly and sounds brighter up close.
- Key of Bb/F double
- .468" bore
- Detachable 12-1/4" bell of hand-hammered nickel silver
- .310 venturi of nickel silver
- Noiseless string action, short stroke with stainless steel spring
- Tapered hand-lapped brass valve rotors
- Slides are solid nickel silver inside and out
- Nickel silver finish
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.