- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Miraphone 282 Series 4-Valve 3/4 BBb Tuba
- Write a Review
- 463922 000000000 463922000000000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Miraphone continues to build on the legacy of German BBb tubas with the new 3/4 size rotary valve 282 model. The 282 directly succeeds its predecesso...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Conical Bore 3/4 Tuba!
Miraphone continues to build on the legacy of German BBb tubas with the new 3/4 size rotary valve 282 model. The 282 directly succeeds its predecessor, the BBb tuba 182, in that the bore through the valve section is unchanged and measures 19,6 - 20,4 mm (.77- .80 in.) The bell diameter has also not been altered and remains at 420 mm (16.54 in.) New Design
The mouthpipe has been redesigned to allow more direct, open airflow. The pipe is slightly longer and enters the valve from the top, rather than the side. As a result, the instrument responds even easier with a more focused core sound. The intonation of the 282 BBb tuba is exceptional due to the optimized entry of the mouthpipe. The valve section comes standard with the precisely functioning Miraphone spiral spring system. Also standard, is the durable and low maintenance Minibal linkages, which endure strenuous playing conditions with greatest reliability. The configuration is the same as that of the predecessor 182 (yellow brass, nickel silver trimmings and nickel silver wreath, 4 rotary valves, item number 170282A07000). Exceptional Quality
The 3/4 size BBb tuba 282 will offer another high quality Miraphone option ideal for the player who has discriminating preferences of sound, and prefers the compact agility of a 3/4 size instrument. This is ideal for students and school bands as well as amateurs and professionals that prefer a lighter instrument while maintaining a full, dark and rich sound.
- Key of BBb
- .772 to .803" conical bore
- 16.5" upright bell with nickel silver wreath
- 4 rotary valves; Nickel silver trim
- Case NOT included
- Bell: 16.5" diameter
- Bore: .770-.800"
- Key: BBb
- Size: 3/4
- Valves: Rotary
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.