- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha YBB-641 Professional Rotary Tuba
- Write a Review
- #461362 000000000 461362000000000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 641 offers the player a sound that is reminiscent of the best European tuba makers.The Yamaha YBB641 Series 4 Valve 4/4 BBb Tuba is a fine instru...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Outstanding Pro Performance!
The 641 offers the player a sound that is reminiscent of the best European tuba makers.
The Yamaha YBB641 Series 4 Valve 4/4 BBb Tuba is a fine instrument built in the German tradition and modeled after the early Meinl Weston models. This tuba features a .812" bore with 4 rotary valves designed for superior sound and excellent valve action. This tuba is well suited for any type of playing. The Yamaha YBB641 Series 4 Valve 4/4 BBb Tuba includes a case and mouthpiece and is available in lacquer (YBB-641) finish.
The Yamaha YBB-641 has a traditional German sound with a tubing wrap reminiscent of the early Meinl Weston instruments, the long leadpipe and bell of a Miraphones and the resonance of a Cerveny. This horn is a well blended combination that has a voice all its own. All Yamaha wind instruments carry a limited 5-Year warranty.
Hand-Lapped Rotary Valves
Hand-lapped valves involves a time-consuming finishing process which results in superior valve fit for noiseless, responsive action and easy tone changes.
Hand-lapped slides achieves the perfect balance between air tightness and smooth action.
Nickel-Silver Spatula Keys
Carefully positioned nickel-silver spatula keys are strong and are capable of comfortable fast fingering.
Ball Joints for Rotary Valve Levers
The Yamaha-developed ball joints for the rotary valve levers are durable, yet achieve silent operation and light action.
The long leadpipe contributes to a beautiful, dark, smooth tone which blends well with other instruments.
Tuning Slide Position
The careful positioning of the tuning slide makes it easier to adjust the slides while playing.
- Key: BBb
- Size: 4/4
- Bore: .812-inch
- Bell: 16-1/2-inch
- Bell Position: Upright
- Number of Valves: 4
- Valve Position: Front
- Valve Type: Rotary
- Valve Material: Brass
- Features: Gold Brass Leadpipe; Yellow Brass Body and Bell
- Case: Plastic Shell Case with Wheels
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha 67
- Finish: Lacquer
Exceptional Quality and Performance - Click or Call Today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.