- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha YBH-831S Neo Series Bb Baritone Horn
- Write a Review
- J15574 000000000 J15574000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This the first Yamaha Baritone to feature a 3-valve compensating system, and is another example of how advanced Yamaha technology and ideas come toge...Click To Read More About This Product
Graduate to Yamaha $100 Mail-In Rebate
Purchase a qualifying professional instrument from April 1 to June 30, 2018 and receive $100 via mail-in rebate.
Offer expires 06/30/18Download Rebate
6-Month* financing available.
Professional level baritone.
This the first Yamaha Baritone to feature a 3-valve compensating system, and is another example of how advanced Yamaha technology and ideas come together to deliver the sound and playability artists desire. While retaining the traditional Baritone configuration, the YBH-831 includes refinements that are invisible to the eye but make a significant difference in performance.
The 3-valve compensating system is a traditional baritone type with an original tubing configuration for improved pitch compensation. By allowing breath to flow through the bypass tubes of valves that are pressed simultaneously with the third valve, pitch accuracy in the mid to low range is markedly improved. You can play in the normal way, without using a trigger or alternate fingerings, making it easier to concentrate on the music.
Original Taper and Large Bell
The original main tube taper and large bell add clarity and projection to a deep, magnificent baritone timbre that won't get lost in powerful tutti passages.
In addition to featuring a new design that offers ideal playing resistance, the leadpipe is not soldered to the bell so that the full, natural resonance of the instrument is available for superior expressive capability.
Enhanced Playing Comfort
Slim valve casings and a hand rest mounted parallel to the valves contribute to a natural, stress-free hand position, while lightweight pistons make the action quick and agile.
The supplied Neo case features a nameplate and shoulder pad for convenient carrying.
- Compensating System
- Original Taper and Large Bell
- Enhanced Playing Comfort
- Case and mouthpiece
Order today for one of the finest brassinstruments you'll ever play.
- Bell Size: 240mm (9.4")
- Bore Size: 13.2mm (0.52") - 14mm (0.55")
- Body: Yellow brass
- Included Accessories: Case (BHC-81), Mouthpiece (SL-48S)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.