- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha YHR-871 Custom Series Double Horn
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J33384 000000000 J33384000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Yamaha YFH-871 is a professional-level French Horn with a traditional Geyer-style wrap, a medium size bell and thicker rim wire. The tone is rich...Click To Read More About This Product
A masterfully made horn.
The Yamaha YFH-871 is a professional-level French Horn with a traditional Geyer-style wrap, a medium size bell and thicker rim wire. The tone is rich and deep with a solid core.
A new gold brass leadpipe design contributes to consistent tone and playing feel throughout the instrument’s range. This model features a .476" bore size that maximizes its performance potential. The inner tubes of all slides are made of gold brass to enhance the horn’s tonal clarity and depth, and the main tuning slide also has a rounded shape that provides ideal resistance for this class of instrument. The valve casing is made of Nickel silver for improved response and durability. A hollow rotor makes notable contributions to response and tone, and the adjustable 4th valve trigger and pinky hook can be positioned for the player's comfort. The Bb 2nd valve slide features a long pull ring for added convenience to the player, and engraved brass valve caps enhance response, providing cleaner articulation and a well-defined core.
4 rotary valves
String lever action
Fixed medium bell
12.1mm (0.476") bore
Yellow brass body
Nickel silver valve casings
Key of F/Bb
Includes mouthpiece and hard case
Welcome in any orchestra. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.