- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha YHR-891 Custom Series Triple French Horn
Yhr891D- Unlacquered Detachable Bell
- Write a Review
- #472490 000953000 472490000953000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The combination of the secure high register and quick attack with the rich, warm timbre of the single Bb horn make the Triple horn ideal for many pla...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The combination of the secure high register and quick attack with the rich, warm timbre of the single Bb horn make the Triple horn ideal for many playing situations. This patented Yamaha design on the 4th rotor permits a unique tubing configuration and allows smooth, efficient transitions between the Bb and F horns.Hand-lapped rotary valves and slides
Rotary valves and slides that have been hand-lapped are airtight and have smooth action.Hammered and annealed bell
Hammering and annealing are processes so important to the instrument's acoustic characteristics that Yamaha employs computer-controlled equipment to ensure consistently superior sound. Hammering enables bells to have a rich, resonant tone that blends beautifully with other instruments. Annealing is a cooling and heating process that makes it easier to control the acoustics of the instrument.Phosphor bronze rotors
Rotors made of phosphor bronze resist corrosion.Cyclical bore
A cyclical bore is a perfectly cylindrical tubing assembly in combination with a conical mouthpipe and bell system. This allows for consistent air flow throughout the horn.Tapered valves
Tapered valves wear for a long time without air leakage.Long mouthpipe
The long mouthpipe delivers remarkably accurate and balanced intonation.Long rotor valve
The innovative thumb valve configuration on the YHR-891 replaces linked valves, thereby reducing friction, promoting faster response, producing exquisite sound, and improving hand comfort.Excellent intonation
The intonation problems normally associated with the triple horn have been eliminated.Ingenious valve tubing configuration
The combination of the long rotor valve, dual plane valve, and tubing configuration create a unique shape and size for the triple horn.
- Key of F / Bb / High F
- .472" bore
- 12.1" hand-hammered medium throat yellow brass bell
- Mechanical linkage, dual plane 4th valve
- Includes case and mouthpiece
- Bore: .472"
- Bell: 12" yellow brass bell produces a slightly bright and intense sound.
- Availability: Special Order Only
- Key: F/Bb/High F
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.