- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha YSL-871 Custom Series Alto Trombone
- Write a Review
- #464092 000420000 464092000420000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 871 features a .470-inch to .490-inch dual bore with a 7.1-inch, one-piece, hand hammered, yellow brass bell designed for outstanding response an...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Used by professionals world wide.
The 871 features a .470-inch to .490-inch dual bore with a 7.1-inch, one-piece, hand hammered, yellow brass bell designed for outstanding response and tone.
The chrome-plated nickel-silver, drawn, inner slide is very durable and has a quick, sensitive response.
The one-piece, drawn, nickel silver outer slide maintains an accurate diameter throughout its length, and this type of construction ensures airtightness, smooth action, exceptional durability, and offers improved response.
Inner slide stockings
Specially designed one-piece inner slide stockings guarantee airtight slide construction, and offer smoother slide action and better alignment, even in the extended 6th and 7th positions.
Long-lasting nickel-silver tubular braces contribute to the stability of the slide and enhance smooth slide action.
Hand-hammered one-piece bell
A one-piece bell has an axial (lengthwise) seam, making it a continuous extension of the instrument's material. This results in pure, uniform resonance and superior tone. A hammered yellow brass bell produces a perfectly-balanced tone with quick response and extra presence due to advanced manufacturing techniques.
Hand-lapped tuning slide
Hand-lapping slides ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument.
Perfectly rounded tubing resuslts in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
Laser-fused pluzuma welded bell
A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.
The unique slide lock design on all Yamaha trombones keeps the slide locked in place and keeps it from accidentally falling.
The large, easy-to-hold, nickel-silver bracing guards against possible slide damage if the instrument is dropped and also lessens fatigue while playing.
Yamaha trombones have mouthpipes featuring special acoustic designs allowing for precise intonation and greater blowing control.
- Key: Eb
- Bore: .470"-.490" dual bore
- Leadpipe: Fixed
- Leadpipe Material: Gold brass
- Bell: 7-1/8" one-piece, hand hammered
- Bell Material: Yellow brass
- Handslide: Lightweight
- Handslide Material: Chrome inner slide and one-piece nickel silver outer
- Handslide Crook Material: Nickel silver
- Case: Wood shell
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha 48A
- Mouthpiece Shank: Small
- Finish: Lacquer
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.