- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha YTR-948FFMS Custom Series Rotary C Trumpet
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 502378 000232000 502378000232000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The YTR-948FFMS Custom Series Rotary C Trumpet incorporates the newest design features with the tradition of classic European rotary trumpets. The 94...Click To Read More About This Product
Amazing Rotary C!
The YTR-948FFMS Custom Series Rotary C Trumpet incorporates the newest design features with the tradition of classic European rotary trumpets. The 948FFMS features a .443-inch bore plus a new leadpipe, valve section and "Light Touch" rotor mechanism for a responsive instrument. The YTR-948FFMS Custom Series Rotary C Trumpet includes a case and mouthpiece and is available in silver (YTR-948FFMS) finish.
The YTR-948FFMS Custom Series Rotary C Trumpet was designed by Brassmeister Thomas Lubitz at the Yamaha Frankfurt Atelier. The FFM in the model number stands for Frankfurt am Main. The YTR-948FFMS was developed with input from Markus Bebek, Associate Principal Trumpet of the Opera Frankfurt am Main.
The taper of the leadpipe on the rotary valve trumpet has the optimum taper for superb intonation and dark powerful tone.
Hand-Hammered One-Piece Bell
A one-piece bell has an axial (lengthwise) seam, making it a continuous extension of the instrument's material. This results in pure, uniform resonance and superior tone. A hammered, gold brass bell produces a more broad and rich, yet perfectly-balanced tone with quick response and extra presence due to advanced manufacturing.
Hand-Lapped Valves and Slides
Hand-lapping rotary valves and slides ensure an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the valve and casing or slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument.
Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
The tone of the YTR-948FFMS is softer and rounder than piston valve trumpets.
Buy this rotary for a traditional Germanic sound perfect for orchestral work. Order now!
- Key: C
- Bore: .443"
- Leadpipe: Standard
- Leadpipe Material: Gold brass
- Bell: 5-1/8" One-piece
- Bell Material: Yellow brass
- Valves: Rotary (3)
- 1st Valve Slide Adjustment: N/A
- 3rd Valve Slide Adjustment: Trigger
- Features: Heavy body design, Light touch rotor mechanism
- Case: Yes
- Mouthpiece: Yes
- Finish: Silver
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.