- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Audio-Technica ATH-SR9 Sound Reality Over-Ear High-Resolution Headphones
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L50475 000000000 L50475000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The ATH-SR9 over-ear headphones feature newly refined 45 mm True Motion Drivers with bobbin-wound OFC-7N voice coils and a DLC (diamond-like carbon) ...Click To Read More About This Product
The ATH-SR9 over-ear headphones feature newly refined 45 mm True Motion Drivers with bobbin-wound OFC-7N voice coils and a DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating on the diaphragm to give you spectacular Hi-Res Audio wherever you go. The headphones also employ Midpoint Mount Technology, which ensures uniform space in front of and behind the diaphragm, and an acoustic resistor in each driver that helps control airflow around the diaphragm for smooth, natural audio reproduction across the entire frequency range. The highly rigid construction of the aluminum housings, anchored by several tapped screws, greatly reduces unwanted resonance. And the soft, durable foam earpads and headband ensure a comfortable fit.
The ATH-SR9 headphones come with two detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cables: one standard and one with an in-line controller and microphone to let you easily answer calls and control music and video playback. Both cables are equipped with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones for exceptional durability and optimized audio performance. The headphones fold flat for easy transport in the included hard carrying case.
About High-Resolution Audio
While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982, constraints on the disc’s storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound. The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced – the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality.
But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
- Exclusive 45 mm True Motion Drivers, each featuring a bobbin-wound OFC-7N voice coil and diaphragm with DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating, provide extremely accurate audio reproduction with extended high frequencies
- Midpoint Mount Technology provides a uniform space in front of and behind the diaphragm to ensure the full performance of the driver inside the limited space of the housing
- Acoustic resistor controls airflow inside the diaphragm housing to yield a natural sound
- High-rigidity aluminum housings reduce unwanted resonance
- Includes two 1.2 m (3.9') detachable cables (one standard, one with mic & controls) with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors
- Ultra-comfortable, soft foam earpads and headband
- Fold-flat, swivel design and hard carrying case for easy portability
For discriminating listeners.
- Type: Over ear
- Operating principle: Dynamic
- Frequency response: 5 Hz - 45 kHz
- SPL: 97 dB
- Driver size: 45 mm
- Noise cancelling: No
- Primary application: Everyday listening
- Built-in mic: Yes
- Cable type: Detachable w/A2DC connectors
- Cable Length: 3.9'
- Connector: 3.5 mm w/ 1/4"
- Weight: 270 g
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.