- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MOTU HD Express HDMI Video Interface
- Product 486046
The MOTU HD Express HDMI opens your Mac or Windows laptop up to the world of HDMI video-the next-generation digital video connectivity standard found...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Turn your laptop into a video editing workstation able to capture and broadcast HD and SD video.
The MOTU HD Express HDMI opens your Mac or Windows laptop up to the world of HDMI video-the next-generation digital video connectivity standard found on today's latest HD cameras, monitors, and set-top boxes. The HD Express HDMI video editing interface comes with an ExpressCard adapter for any current-generation Mac or Windows laptop computer equipped with an ExpressCard slot.
The MOTU HDMI video interface supports full-raster, pixel-for-pixel digital clarity with no video compression, resulting in stunning image quality and color depth that far surpasses highly-compressed workflows based on DV, HDV, AVC, and similar capture codecs. In fact, on many of today's cameras, HDMI output streams directly from a camera's image sensor, bypassing the compression chip, allowing the HD Express HDMI to deliver an absolutely pristine, uncompressed HD digital video signal straight from the camera's imager to your computer.
If you require the best-possible image quality, you can work with uncompressed HD and use the money you save on the HD Express HDMI video interface for other system components required for uncompressed HD, such as fast storage. Or, if you prefer to edit more conveniently at a lower data rate, you can choose Apple ProRes, ProRes HQ, or the codec of your choice in Apple Final Cut Pro for maximum CPU efficiency and smooth editing. In Premiere Pro on Windows, you can choose among several popular codecs, including DVCProHD. By choosing a codec directly supported by your host, you eliminate unnecessary extra stages of compression and decompression which produces maximum CPU efficiency and smooth video editing.
To monitor your work with the best possible image quality, connect the HD Express HDMI output to your favorite affordable plasma, LCD monitor, or projector via HDMI or DVI (DVI adapter sold separately). The HD Express HDMI video interface provides all the legacy analog video connectors you need for capturing and monitoring component HD/SD, composite, and S-Video in 10-bit 4:2:2 broadcast quality PAL or NTSC.
The MOTU HD Express HDMI video interface captures and plays all eight channels of embedded HDMI audio, and it even provides eight channels of analog audio output on convenient RCA jacks, which you can connect directly to powered speakers for full 5.1 or 7.1 surround audio monitoring. S/PDIF digital I/O is also provided.
From initial video capture to final finishing, the MOTU HD Express HDMI delivers exceptional video I/O performance and quality.
- Front panel provides convenient inputs for legacy SD capture and full 10-bit uncompressed HDMI capture from today's latest HD camcorders
- The component section provides both RGB and YPbPr, but they can alternatively serve as CVBS (composite) in/out or even Y/C (S-Video) in/out
- Provides both stereo and 8-channel surround audio capture and monitoring
- Provides stereo analog audio recording, stereo S/PDIF digital input, plus support for eight channels of HDMI embedded digital audio input for a total of 12 simultaneous channels of audio input
- Has 8 channels of analog audio output on convenient RCA jacks, which you can connect directly to powered speakers for full 5.1 or 7.1 surround audio monitoring
- Supports 8-channel embedded HDMI audio output for a total of 16 channels of simultaneous audio output
- The S/PDIF digital input/output provides sample rate conversion, for trouble-free digital audio transfers
Order the MOTU HD Express HDMI interface today and start working on your next video masterpiece.
- Cross-platform operation: (Mac OS X, Windows 7/Vista/XP)
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs and connectors: 8.625" x 7" x 1.75" (22cm x 17.78cm x 4.45 cm)
- Knobs and connectors extend up to 0.5" (1.27cm) from front and back panels, adding 1" (2.54cm) to depth
- With rack ears attached, fits in one-half of a standard 19" (48.26cm) rack at 1U high, when attached to another MOTU unit with the same half-rack form factor
- 1 x HDMI in and out (4:2:2 10-bit, YCbCr or RGB)
- Support for DVI output with HDMI-to-DVI adapter (sold separately)
- 1 x HD/SD component in and out (10-bit, YPbPr or RGB) on RCAs
- 1 x composite in (10-bit) on RCA
- 1 x S-Video in (10-bit) on 4-pin mini-DIN
- 1 x composite in and out (10-bit CVBS) on shared RCA
- 1 x S-Video in and out (10-bit Y/C) on shared RCA
- 12 channels of simultaneous audio input
- 16 channels of simultaneous audio output
- Supports all standard audio sample rates from 44.1 to 96kHz
- 8 x RCA analog outputs
- 2 x RCA analog input
- 2 x S/PDIF digital input and output with sample rate conversion
- 8 x HDMI embedded audio in and out
- Front-panel headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- The HD Express HDMI supports the following SD and HD video formats:
- 576i25 (PAL)
- 486i29.97 (NTSC)