- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
HD 800S Open-Back Stereo Headphones
Condition 1 - Mint
- J34046 004000000 J34046004000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A striking industrial design combines form and function in the Sennheiser HD 800S. Its layered metal and plastic headband construction aren't just a ...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Reference-class headphones.
A striking industrial design combines form and function in the Sennheiser HD 800S. Its layered metal and plastic headband construction aren't just a bold aesthetic scheme; they serve to attenuate vibrations to the earcups. Yoke construction improvements are among the HD 800 S's most recently implemented innovations. Handmade microfiber earpads offer exceptional comfort for long periods of listening enjoyment.
Crafted for perfection, the HD 800 S is precision-built in Germany from the finest materials and components. The transducer is encased by stainless steel, while the headband and headphone mounting utilizes advanced materials developed in the aerospace industry for high strength with minimal weight.
Please note: a balanced 4.4mm connection cable now ships in the standard product packaging of the HD 800 S.
The enhanced sound reproduction of the HD 800 S is achieved through the addition of absorber technology that was pioneered in the Sennheiser IE 800 – a breakthrough that preserved the audibility of very high frequency sounds by eliminating a phenomenon known as the “masking effect,” whereby the human ear struggles to hear frequencies of sound when lower frequencies of a higher volume occur at the same time. By absorbing the energy of the resonance, Sennheiser’s patented absorber technology prevents any unwanted peaks and allows all frequency components – even the finest nuances – in the music material to become audible.
Such enhancements build on the formidable achievements of the classic, with the 56mm sound transducer – the largest ever used in dynamic headphones. The unique ear cup design directs sound waves to the ear at a slight angle to create an impressively natural and spatial listening experience.
While much appears the same, the enhanced performance within is revealed by a distinctive new look, with the silver finish of the 2009 classic HD 800 making way for high-class matt black for the HD 800 S.
- Further optimized reference class in wired headphones
- Open, circumaural dynamic stereo headphones
- Enhanced sound reproduction achieved through absorber technology
- High-class matte black metal parts
- Natural hearing experience - realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones including new innovative dynamic transducer design
- Uncovered earcups for enhanced acoustics
- Handcrafted ear pads, made of high-quality microfiber fabric
- Metal headband with an inner damping element
- Improved yoke construction
- Specially tuned balanced, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
- Special high precision headphone connectors
- Balanced 4.4 mm connection cable
- 2 year warranty
Order today for a truly peak listening experience.
- Type: Circumaural
- Operating principle: Dynamic, open
- Frequency response: 4 Hz - 51 kHz
- SPL: 106 dB
- Driver size: 56 mm
- Noise cancelling: No
- Primary application: Critical listening, everday listening
- Built-in mic: No
- Cable type: Detachable
- Cable Length: 3 m
- Connector: 4.4 mm
- Weight: 330 g
- HD 800 S headphones
- Unbalanced ¼” connection cable
- Balanced 4.4mm connection cable
- Instruction manual
- Storage box
- Microfiber cloth
- USB flash drive with manual and individually diffuse field frequency response curves
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.