- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sanyo VPC-PD2 Full HD Pocket Movie Dual Camera
- Write a Review
- Product H71960
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The VPC-PD2 delivers archival-quality 1080 30p HD video, 10MP photos, and 3x optical zoom in a very small compact body style. The Sanyo Dual Camera P...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Offers full HD 1080, 30p video, and 10MP digital photos with a 3x optical zoom and wide angle lens.
The VPC-PD2 delivers archival-quality 1080 30p HD video, 10MP photos, and 3x optical zoom in a very small compact body style. The Sanyo Dual Camera PD2 delivers excellent results with multiple features normally found on more high-priced camcorders. The PD2 is about the size of a deck of cards and is extremely portable and easy to use.
High Performance and Sharing Made Simple
In addition to delivering amazing Full HD 1080 video quality, the PD2 captures 10 megapixel digital photos in a small, pocket camcorder design. Separate photo and video recording buttons allow images to be captured easily without changing modes. Designed to fit perfectly in the palm of your hand, the PD2 features an easy to navigate menu which make it a great choice for the beginner and the more advanced user. The integrated, direct USB connection enables the camera to be connected to a PC in seconds without the need for any cables. The PD2 provides the perfect blend of style, performance, and ease of use.
The PD2 is certified Works with iMovie compatible. This means that the PD2 will be automatically recognized when it is connected to a Mac and videos can be imported quickly and easily into iMovie. Because it is based on standard technologies such as H.264, AAC, MP4 and QuickTime, the PD2 makes importing, editing and sharing videos easier than ever.
Embedded Software for Sharing Videos and Photos
The PD2 features Sanyo's embedded software application for sharing videos and photos to social media websites. The first time the PD2 is connected to the PC, the Simple Uploader application installer will appear. The application installation takes less than one minute. Videos and photos can be tagged and quickly uploaded to Facebook, YouTube, and Picassa using the Simple Uploader. A convenient link to Tweet on Twitter is available as well.
Large 2" TFT Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Monitor for HD Playback
The large display allows you to take great high-definition video or still images in an unobtrusive manner; proving to be especially useful when the need arises to set up and shoot quickly.
3x Optical Zoom Photos
The PD2 provides a 3x optical zoom for photos dramatically increasing the field of view. This capability is virtually unmatched in the pocket camcorder segment of the digital camcorder market today. The wide angle lens provides an extensive range for video (36mm - 108mm) and photos (37mm - 111mm).
High Speed Sequential Photo Mode
The PD2 features a sequential "photo" shooting mode. When this mode is selected, the camera will take multiple photos in sequential order; providing multiple photo frames. It enables capturing up to 30 photos (1600—1200 resolution) at 10 frames per second (in 2M continuous mode). This allows the camera to be used with confidence even in situations where photo opportunities can easily be missed.
Sophisticated Image Stabilizer
Another great feature is the PD2's photo stabilizer technology. It automatically will compensate for distracting up-and-down or side-to-side camera movement, keeping the subject steady and easy to follow. It accurately distinguishes between unintentional camera shake and deliberate camera movement.
Windows 7 Compatible
The PD2 is fully supported by the latest Windows OS, "Windows 7", further expanding its capabilities. The video files are displayed in the same thumbnail format as still picture files. They can also be played back directly with Windows Media Player and are editable with Windows Live Movie Maker. This makes the files even more convenient for use on computers.
Easy Playback of Recorded Video Directly on a Large Screen, Full 1080 HD Television
Featuroing a mini-HDMI output, the PD2 easily connects to a large, high-definition television screen or DVD recorder. It can also easily be connected to a computer to back-up copies of recorded content via the handy, direct USB 2.0 connection. Still images and video clips are played back continuously and in chronological order. When connected to a PC, a simple drag-and-drop operation makes it easy to save recorded video clips and still images onto a computer's hard disk for emailing, editing or archiving.
SDXC Memory Compatibility (over 64GB SD Cards)
While the PD2 works with standard SD memory, and more high capacity SDHC memory cards, it is also fully compatible with the next generation SDXC memory cards. It can record to more than 64GB of content to SDXC memory cards. This dramatically improves your ability to record and transfer hours and hours of Full HD 1080 videos to a computer. You can also play PD2 Full HD 1080 videos stored on SDXC cards on your high definition TV.
Includes a High-Capacity Sanyo Brand Lithium-ion Battery
The DB-L80 is a high-capacity 700mA battery designed by Sanyo to work with the PD2. It delivers approximately 65 minutes of video record time and can provide up to 240 minutes of continuous playback. The high-energy density design minimizes the battery size and weight, making it perfect for use in the PD2. It will resist memory accumulation so it provides a full charge every time.
Highly Advanced MPEG4 AVC/H.264 Video Compression
This feature optimizes the file size and makes sharing movies on social networking sites, or e-mailing them to friends and family, even easier. In fact, the file size can be up to 25 percent smaller than that of typical MPEG-4 cameras. Sanyo's imaging technology achieves high video quality while simultaneously reducing the system power consumption.
48KHz, 16-bit, AAC Stereo Sound with Built-In Stereo Microphone and Built-In Speaker
The PD2 pocket movie Dual Camera records at 48KHz, 16-bit sampling rate. Sound is recorded in a Windows and Mac-friendly AAC audio format. Now you can record, download, and share videos that sound as great as they look”it's that easy!
Easily Transfer Video and Still Images to your Video Capable iPod
Share your latest masterpiece with friends and family by importing video and still image files directly into iTunes software and then port them to your video-capable iPod.
Record over 20 Hours of Full Motion Video
The PD2 supports the SD memory card standard making it easy to capture videos, photos, and sound recordings in a reliable, easy-to-use format. SD memory cards are available in three capacity formats: SD, SDHC (up to 32GB) and SDXC (up to 64GB available today). The newest generation is SDXC (Extended Capacity) which supports increased storage capacities up to 2TB along with faster read and write operations. Using a 32GB SDHC memory card with the PD2, you can capture up to 20 hours worth of standard definition, full motion video or more 330 minutes in Full HD 1080 video mode.
Capture still images while you're shooting video
The PD2 enables simultaneous shooting of video clips and still images with a simple press of the shutter button during the shooting of a movie clip. You will never need to miss another precious photo opportunity. (Depending on the mode used to take still images, simultaneous video clip shooting may be interrupted. While shooting video clips, using the digital image stabilizer may change the angle of view for still images.)
Reduce the chance of missing the perfect shot. The Dual Camera PD2 is designed for super fast start-up and shooting. With its tapeless design, the PD2 eliminates the need to queue up a video tape, allowing it to begin shooting in as little as 1.7 seconds! Simply power on the PD2 and immediately begin recording.
- Full-HD 1080, 30p Video (1920x1080)
- 10 Megapixel digital photos
- Works with iMovie compatible
- Embedded software for sharing videos/photos
- 2" TFT LCD monitor for HD playback
- 3x optical zoom photo
- Wide angle lens range video: 36mm “ 108mm
- Wide angle lens range photos: 37mm “ 111mm
- High Speed Sequential Shooting mode
- Digital Image Stabilizer (Photos and Video)
- MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 High-Compression Technology
- 48KHz, 16-bit, AAC stereo sound recording
- Built-in stereo microphone with built-in speaker
- Mini HDMI digital interface
- Built-in direct USB connector
- USB extension cable included
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card compatible
- Image sensor: C-MOS sensor, 1/2.33 inch, approx. 10.7 megapixels
- Effective pixel
- Photo: Approx. 10.0 Megapixels
- Video: Approx. 8.3 Megapixels (in Full HD/HD mode), Approx. 10.0 Megapixels (in SD)
- Recording Media
- SD Memory Card
- SDHC Memory Card (up to 32GB SDHC Memory Card)
- SDXC Memory Card (up to 64GB SDXC Memory Card)
- Internal memory approx. 80MB
- Recording file formats
- Photo: JPEG (DCF, DPOF, Exif Ver2.2)
- Video: ISO standard MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (.MP4)
- Audio: 48kHz sampling, 16bit, 2ch, AAC compression
- Resolution (pixels) Photo
- 12M: 4000 x 3000 (Interpolation)
- 10M: 3648 x 2736
- 5M: 2592 x 1944
- 2M: 1600 — 1200
- Resolution (pixels) Sequential
- 2M: 1600 x 1200 (10fps/30 shots)
- Resolution (pixels) Video
- Full-SHQ: 1920 x 1080 (30 fps/12Mbps)
- HD-HR: 1280 x 720 (60fps/12Mbps)
- HD-SHQ: 1280 x 720 (30 fps/9Mbps)
- TV-SHQ: 640 x 480 (30 fps/3Mbps)
- F=3.1 (wide) - 5.9 (tele)
- Auto Focus
- 5 groups, 6 elements (4 aspheric elements, 6 aspheric surfaces)
- Angle of view/Zoom ratio (35mm equiv.)
- Photo: f=36.0-108mm, 3x Optical Zoom
- Video: f=37.0-111mm, 3x Optical Zoom
- Photo Range
- 10cm-ˆž (wide),60cm-ˆž (tele)
- Shutter speed
- Photo: 1/2-1/1500 sec. (Flash: 1/30-1/1500 sec.)
- Sequential: 1/30-1/1500 sec. (No flash)
- Video: 1/30-1/10000 sec.
- Digital Zoom
- Shooting: Max. Approx. 4x, Total zoom range: 12x (Photo) / 12x (Video)
- Playback: Max. Approx. 62.5x (12M mode, varies with resolution)
- Auto (Photo: 9-point AF)
- Minimum Illumination for VideoApprox. 14 lux (Auto mode, 1/30 sec.)
- Auto (Video recording 50 800, Still image shooting ISO50 400)
- Digital Image Stabilizer
- Photos: Multi-calculation electric image stabilizer
- Videos: Electronic image stabilizer
- Self timer
- 2 sec. delay / 10 sec. delay
- White balance
- Auto: Full auto TTL
- Flash modes
- Auto, Forced, Off, Red-Eye Reduction
- Flash range
- GN=5.5, Approx. 50cm to 3.5m (wide), Approx. 60cm to 1.9m (tele)
- Microphone: Built-in stereo
- Speaker: Built-in monaural (L/R mixed output)
- 2.0" low-temperature polysilicon TFT color-screen LCD, Approx. 150,000 dots
- AV output-Video: mini HDMI, Audio: Stereo
- USB 2.0-high-speed mode
- English / French / German / Spanish / Greek / Italian / Dutch / Russian / Portuguese / Turkish / Finnish / Swedish / Malay / Polish / Thai / Korean / Simplified Chinese / Traditional Chinese/Japanese
- Differ depending on the country
- Power source
- Lithium-ion battery (dB-L80, included: 700mAh)
- Power consumption
- Using battery: 3.4W (when shooting videos)
- Approx. Battery life
- Photo: Approx. 170 Photos (CIPA standard)
- Video: Approx. 65 min (Full SHQ mode), Continuous playback: Approx. 240 min.
- 2.48" (W) x 0.87" (D) x 4.36" (H) (maximum dimension, excluding protruding parts)
- Volume: approx. 104cc
- Approx. 4.3 oz. (including battery and SD card)
- Approx. 3.7" (body only)
- Operating environment
- Temperature 0-40C, Humidity 30-90% (non-condensing)
- Video Recording Time (Total Time)
- 4GB SD Memory Card:
- Full-SHQ: 43 min.
- HD-HR: 55 min.
- HD-SHQ: 55 min.
- TV-SHQ: 2 hr. 38 min.
- 8GB SD Memory Card:
- Full-SHQ: 1 hr. 26 min.
- HD-HR: 1 hr. 52 min.
- HD-SHQ: 1 hr. 52 min.
- TV-SHQ: 5 hr. 18 min.
- 16GB SD Memory Card:
- Full-SHQ: 2 hr. 48 min.
- HD-HR: 3 hr. 38 min.
- HD-SHQ: 3 hr. 38 min.
- TV-SHQ: 10 hr. 22 min.
- 32GB SD Memory Card:
- Full-SHQ: 5 hr. 37 min.
- HD-HR: 7 hr. 18 min.
- HD-SHQ: 7 hr. 18 min.
- TV-SHQ: 20 hr. 47 min.
- Full-SHQ: 53 sec.
- HD-HR: 1 min. 8 sec.
- HD-SHQ: 1 min. 8 sec.
- TV-SHQ: 3 min 16 sec.
- Still Image Capacity
- 4GB SD Memory Card:
- 12M: 1000
- 10M-S: 1190
- 5M: 2340
- 2M: 5640
- 2M Sequential: 5640
- 8GB SD Memory Card:
- 12M: 2000
- 10M-S: 2390
- 5M: 4690
- 2M: 11300
- 2M Sequential: 11300
- 16GB SD Memory Card:
- 12M: 3910
- 10M-S: 4670
- 5M: 9160
- 2M: 22700
- 2M Sequential: 22700
- 32GB SD Memory Card:
- 12M: 7820
- 10M-S: 9340
- 5M: 18320
- 2M: 45400
- 2M Sequential: 45400
- 12M: 21
- 10M-S: 25
- 5M: 50
- 2M: 124