- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Sony's versatile D-NF400 Walkman portable CD player lets you play commercial CDs, homemade mixes, or listen to the radio, TV, or weather-band transmi...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
For portable CD, MP3, and FM radio enjoyment, the Sony D-NF400 hits the mark!
Sony's versatile D-NF400 Walkman portable CD player lets you play commercial CDs, homemade mixes, or listen to the radio, TV, or weather-band transmissions. Includes SonicStage software for taking advantage of ATRAC3plus (Sony's proprietary music-compression) when making custom MP3 CDs. Playback options include 32-track programming, repeat (track, disc, or program), random play, and”with Sony's great DSP efficiency”more than 85 hours of ATRAC3plus CD playback or up to 50 hours of audio CD playback on 2 AA batteries (not included).
SonicStage allows you to rip audio to your computer CDs and the Internet and then transfer it to an ATRAC3 or ATRAC3plus-encoded CD. These encoded CDs can hold as many as 490 songs. The D-NF400 has a 2-line dot-matrix display, full ID3 tag recognition, and bookmark playback for programming songs from multiple CEDs. CD Text support displays artist and title information for compatible commercial audio CDs.
ATRAC3plus is a high-quality audio-compression technology that reduces the size of digital audio files while preserving much of a track's original sound quality, similar in concept to the MP3 or Dolby Digital sound formats. With ATRAC3plus, music is burned and compressed at 132, 105, 66, 64, or even 48 kilobits per second (kbps), letting you select the right balance between fidelity and storage space (you'll get around 490 songs per disc at 48 kbps). MP3 compatibility extends from 16 to 320 kbps files.
Includes Sony's SonicStage CD Simple Burner software. Compatible with ID3 tagging and most CD burners, this application transfers songs from CDs or MP3s on your PC's hard drive and burns them to CDs using ATRAC3plus compression.
The D-NF400 offers a whopping 51 station presets, which works out to 30 FM, 10 AM, 4 weather-band, and 7 TV stations so you're never far from your favorite channels. You can hook the player up with your home system through an optional analog stereo "Y" interconnect.
Skip-Free G-Protection technology boosts the laser pickup's shock protection to minimize read errors that would otherwise interrupt your music, providing quick recovery from both horizontal and vertical shocks. The D-NF400's heat-resistant lid helps protect the player against high temperatures, especially when you're using it outdoors or in a vehicle.
Digital Mega Bass Sound boosts your music's low end without the loss of high clarity or the addition of low distortion, and there's also a built-in equalizer with three preset curves and one customizable setting. Sony's automatic volume limiter system conserves batteries--and guards your hearing--by capping your listening level at either of two settings. The player works with an optional AC/DC 4.5-volt power adapter (AC-E45HG or -E45A).
Includes the CD player, MDR-027LP stereo headphones, a CD-ROM (SonicStage software), a user's manual, and warranty information.
- Color: Silver with blue accents
- Text display: ID3 tag display and CD Text feature
- MP3 playback
- Folder navigation
- Compatible formats: CD, CDR, and CDRW, including discs formatted in the ATRAC3plus, ATRAC3, and MP3 formats
- Display: 2-line dot-matrix
- Includes radio (FM/AM/TV/Weather Band)
- Radio presets: 51 (30 FM/10 AM/4 WB/7 TV)
- Heat-resistant lid
- Antiskip protection: (Skip-Free G-Protection)
- Audio DAC: 1-bit quartz time-axis control
- Headphone jack: 1/8"
- Intro scan (works with shuffle and repeat modes, too)
- Playback modes: 18
- Headphone volume control
- Volume control: digital (gives you precise adjustments; volume appears on the display)
- Audio outputs: 0
- Number of discs: 1
- Auto shut off conserves batteries
- Favorite track search: auto-ranking system
- Random play
- Repeat play: 1/all/program
- Track programming: 32 tracks (with easy bookmark programming)
- Auto-ranking playback: program your favorite song based on listening frequency
- Tone controls: Digital Mega Bass Sound plus 3 preset and 1 custom equalization modes
- Volume limiter: AVLS, maintains a low level to protect hearing, conserve batteries, and even the listening level of material originally recorded at different times
- Signal-to-noise ratio: Information not available
- Frequency response: 20-20,000Hz (+1, -2dB)
- Power supply: AC/DC 4.5V (through optional AC adapter) or DC 1.5V x 2 (batteries)
- Batteries: 2 AA (not included)
- Battery life: More than 85 hours continuous playback from 2 AA battery (ATRAC CD recorded at 48 kbps, G-Protection 2 on); up to 50 hours continuous audio CD playback
- Battery-level indicator
- Supplied software: SonicStage (for ATRAC3plus music encoding and management)
- Optional accessories: AC adapter: AC-E45HG or -E45A, vehicle power cord: DCC-E345 or -E34CP, car kit CPA-9C
- Item width: 5-3/8"
- Item height: 1-1/4"
- Item depth: 5-3/8"
- Item weight: 6.3 ounces (without batteries)
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 90 days labor
- In the box: CD player, MDR-027 stereo headphones, CD-ROM (SonicStage software), user's manual, and warranty information
Take your life soundtrack on the road with the Sony D-NF400! Order today.