- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
British Drum Co. Archer Snare Drum
14 x 6 in.
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L77922 000001000 L77922000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The British Drum Co. Archer snare drum is handcrafted entirely from English yew, a rare and sumptuous hardwood that generates a rich, warm tone with ...Click To Read More About This Product
Snare drum made from 10 plies of English Yew, prized by medieval archers for flexibility and strength
The British Drum Co. Archer snare drum is handcrafted entirely from English yew, a rare and sumptuous hardwood that generates a rich, warm tone with fast attack. Traditionally, yew was the preferred timber for longbows used by medieval English archers due to its durability, flexibility and strength. By using this uncommon wood, British Drum Co. endeavored to bring those same qualities to the Archer drum.
Handcrafted in the UK, the 14x6" Archer snare drum is made from a 10-ply shell with 30º round-over bearing edges. The plies are constructed using a cold-press molding process to create a shell with exceptional structural and tonal integrity. The Archer is a breathtaking drum with a variety of eye-catching features including vintage style mini-claws, gold-plated tension rods and a beautiful golden badge embellished with green sycamore in recognition of the drum's English heritage.
Due to the yew wood, Archer is capable of a wide range of complex tones, from a warm, maple-like clarity right through to a lively and potent brightness. With an understated confidence and stylistic flexibility, the Archer will be at home in a wide variety of musical situations. The exotic wood means it also makes a timeless collector's item.
- Snare drum handmade from yew, a flexible wood used for medieval longbows
- 10-ply English yew shell with 30° bearing edge
- Throwback styling includes rolled steel hoops, claw hooks and art deco-style lugs and strainer
- Specialized Archer badge and green sycamore British Drum Co. badge
- Antique Bronze hardware finish
- Fitted with Remo USA heads
Experience the extreme flexibility of English yew wood. Order now.
- Snare size: 14 x 6"
- Total pieces: 1
- Shell material: Yew
- Shell construction: 10-ply
- Bearing edge: 30°
- Hardware material: Steel
- Hoop type: Single-flange
- Snares: Brass
- Heads: Branded
- Country of origin: United Kingdom
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.