- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gon Bops Orestes Vilato Signature Timbales
14 in./15 in. Aluminum
- Write a Review
- L38938 000001001 L38938000001001
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed with legendary timbalero Orestes Vilato, these finely crafted drums are a real joy to play! From their simple, elegant design all the way th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Unique design for the gigging percussionist.
Designed with legendary timbalero Orestes Vilato, these finely crafted drums are a real joy to play! From their simple, elegant design all the way through to the sturdy supplied stand, quality underpins every aspect of these instruments. The 14”/15” aluminum shells are a shallow 4” in depth and rolled over at each end for a perfectly flat and level bearing edge. The shallow design allows the drums to be stacked and transported in a standard snare drum case, which coupled with their light weight, makes them extremely portable. The shallow shell design also allows you to reach under and play inside the shell, a classic Orestes Vilato technique!
Each shell features five tuning points: a simple bracket designed to house the chunky, recessed tuning rods, with supplied tuning wrench to increase or decrease tension. The thin, authentic feeling heads are held in place by perfectly round, pressed-steel hoops. In addition, the included sturdy, double-braced stand offers large wing nuts for quick, easy adjustment, and large memory locks to hold everything securely in place.
The shallow, lightweight aluminum shells produce deep rich tones to accompany their initial bright, clear attack. Rim shots produce full, warm, loud tones, accompanied by high-pitched overtones, a result of the thin, aluminum shells. The cascara is warm, but loud enough to be heard through any wall of sound!
- Designed with legendary timbalero Orestes Vilato
- 14”/15” aluminum shells with shallow 4" depth
- Light weight
- Flat and level bearing edge
- Can be stacked and transported in a standard snare drum case
- Five tuning points
- Thin, authentic feeling heads
- Pressed-steel hoops
- Sturdy, double-braced stand
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.