- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ludwig Classic Maple Snare Drum
14 x 6.5 in. Green Sparkle
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J44129 000001002 J44129000001002
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Preferred by professionals for its tonal versatility, Ludwig Classic Maple drums offer high sensitivity, wide dynamic tuning range, and sharp attack ...Click To Read More About This Product
An industry standard since 1911.
Preferred by professionals for its tonal versatility, Ludwig Classic Maple drums offer high sensitivity, wide dynamic tuning range, and sharp attack make it them an ideal choice for live performance. Hand-crafted at Ludwig's manufacturing facility in Monroe, North Carolina, Classic Maple's 7-ply shell is crafted to respond to the player and environment for any playing style or preference.
Classic Maple's standard 7-ply, 6mm shell is formulated for optimum resonance and tonality. Its center three-ply core panel (laminated in a horizontal/vertical/horizontal grain bond to a 2.4mm thickness,) is inserted between inner and outer two-ply panels through a proprietary Radio Frequency Shell Technology (R.F.S.T.) molding process. Each drum's bearing edge is cut to a 45-degree angle within 1/16" from the outside edge. This edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface for easy head seating; the final touch to complete the unmistakable Ludwig Sound.
To increase stability through out the drum, all Ludwig USA shells are produced using a process involving their original bladder molds, R.F.S.T.'s unique bonding system -combined with a specialized, time-tested adhesive- cures each shell evenly over the entire surface of the shell. This process is truly a principal ingredient in creating the "Ludwig Sound" in every shell they make.
These drums are fitted with Ludwig's renowned Mini-Classic Lugs and Cast Brass Badges. Snare, cymbals and hardware sold separately.
- Snare Size: 14 x 6-1/2 in.
- Total Pieces: 1
- Case or Bag: Not Applicable
- Stand: Not Applicable
- Shell Material: Maple
- Shell Construction: 7-Ply
- Shell Thickness (mm): 6
- Bearing Edge: 45°
- Reinforcement Ring: No
- Hardware Material: Steel
- Hoop Type: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Bridge
- Throw-Off: Tap-Style
- Internal muffler: No
- Snares: Steel
- Heads: Branded
- Finish Type: Wrap
- Country of Origin: United States
The new Classics of today. Order yours!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.