- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mapex Black Panther Design Lab Warbird Snare Drum
12 x 5.5 in. Natural Walnut
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L78330 000001001 L78330000001001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The new Mapex Black Panther Design Lab Warbird snare drum is an optimized version of the original Black Panther model, with the unique 12” diameter a...Click To Read More About This Product
12" walnut snare drum with dry, aggressive bite and surprisingly dark tone
The new Mapex Black Panther Design Lab Warbird snare drum is an optimized version of the original Black Panther model, with the unique 12” diameter and 100% walnut shell. This updated version still has a sharp and aggressive attack, with an amazing bite. The new staggered lug design adds an enormously wide tuning range and the Puresound P1216 snare wires give unparalleled sensitivity, with a dark, punchy and explosive sound. It's great as an accent drum, but also makes an intriguing option as a main snare for drummers who want to experiment with quick backbeats.
This Warbird is fitted with Mapex's proprietary Sonic Saver hoops, a middle ground between triple-flange and die-cast. They’re made from steel that’s folded inward for a round shape instead of a flat flange. Sonic Savers control the tone for a drier sound than triple-flange, but they don’t deaden the drum the way die-cast hoops can. They also reduce wear on the drum and sticks. The result is a focused snare with clean, punchy rim shots every time.
- 12" walnut snare drum from the Black Panther Design Lab
- Sonic Saver hoops are rounded to combine the benefits of triple-flange and die-cast
- Brushed black hardware and distinctive panther silhouette badge
- Hoops, size and walnut shell combine for sharp attack and dark tone
- Fitted with PureSound P1216 snare wires and Evans heads, including Power Center Reverse Dot batter
Feel the difference of an authentic Black Panther snare. Order now.
- Snare size: 12x5.5"
- Total pieces: 1
- Shell material: Walnut
- Bearing edge: 45° rounded (batter) 35° rounded (snare side)
- Hardware material: Steel
- Hoop type: Reverse-flange
- Hardware material: Black brushed
- Snares: Steel, Branded
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Satin
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.