- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Meinl Benny Greb Artist Concept Model Byzance Crasher Hats
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K45911 000000000 K45911000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Benny’s Crasher Hats consist of four 8 in. cymbals and a Meinl MXH auxiliary hi-hat attachment. Using the tension adjustment feature, drummers can ti...Click To Read More About This Product
An innovative, unique effect from the mind of Benny Greb and the Meinl R&D team.
Benny’s Crasher Hats consist of four 8 in. cymbals and a Meinl MXH auxiliary hi-hat attachment. Using the tension adjustment feature, drummers can tighten or loosen the stack to create a wide variety of cymbal and effects sounds reminiscent of hi-hats, shakers and electronic effects.
“Is it a shaker? A programmed and pitched hi-hat sample? Is it a crasher percussion effect? No, it’s the Crasher Hats. I wanted something that was super short, dry, clear and high in frequency but still very dynamic that could fulfill a whispering shaker-like role in the music. Tough to get! So we had to create something completely unique. Four separate cymbals sandwiched together. They have different shoulders so they collapse against each other at every hit. The result is incredible. A very unique sound that blends beautifully with ghost notes and other subdivisions, but can also make a very percussive statement. Always sounds perfect without any unwanted noise or sustaining ring. You can hear it on all my recent recordings and it has become part of my sound. Check it out. It’s such a useful instrument. I absolutely love it.” - Benny Greb
The Artist Concept Models are a collection of cymbal voices. They are the product of Meinl Cymbal Artists and the Meinl R&D team. The goal was to craft unique and innovative sounds that allowed the artist to explore, create and forge ahead as leaders in acoustic music and in the art of drumming.
- Works well for electro, jazz, RNB, studio, world, reggae, pop or fusion
- Delivers mid-bright timbre with a trashy, mellow character
- High-mid pitch cuts through easily with a short sustain
- Crafted from B20 and B8 bronze alloys
Call or click to order today!
- Quantity: Set
- Type: Effects/other
- Sizes (in): 8
- Material: Cast alloy
- Hammering: Hand
- Lathing: None
- Cymbal weight: Thin
- Bell: Standard
- Finish: Raw
- Country of origin: Germany
- Added value: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.