- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
TD-30 V-Drums Sound Module
Condition 1 - Mint
- Write a Review
- H80994 004000000 H80994004000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Roland TD-30 drum sound module was designed for the Roland V-Drums V-Pro series. With SuperNATURAL sounds produced by Behavior Modeling, the soun...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) The flagship drum module offering a multitude of sounds, connectivity and recording options for the seasoned electronic drummer.
The Roland TD-30 drum sound module was designed for the Roland V-Drums V-Pro series. With SuperNATURAL sounds produced by Behavior Modeling, the sound quality is superior, responding naturally to a variety of drumming techniques and dynamics. From rim shots, rolls, flams, even ghost notes on the snare, to dramatic crash hits and sustained cymbal swells, every nuance is accurate and smooth. For spatial depth, a dedicated Ambience fader gives you immediate access to lush room ambience and overhead-microphone simulation.
Wide Variety of Sounds
The wide range of preset drum kits is perfect for all styles of music, whether it be rock, jazz, hip-hop, or dance. Priority has been placed on developing sounds that are perfectly adaptable for use in the recording studio environment or on stage. With over 1,000 onboard sounds, whether they are acoustic drums-kicks, snares, cymbals and percussion-or electronic drums and special effects sounds, the V-Edit possibilities combined with the powerful onboard effects make it easy to create a unique and personalized kit for any musical style.
Natural Playing Feel and Sound
The TD-30 features vastly improved trigger response, dynamics and positional sensing. The result is an even more obvious and natural reaction between the player and the sound.
Snare Drum - A smoother transition in sound reaction between head shots and rim shots. The snare drum perfectly responds to exactly how and where the drummer plays. The dynamics, positional sensing, and even the transition between full and shallow rim shots has become smoother.
Crash Cymbals - Be it delicate playing, swell rolls, or powerful crash shots, the contrasts in dynamic sound reactions are more discernible than ever.
Ride Cymbal - Enhanced dynamics and positional sensing make for a wonderfully natural feel and sound variations, be it up-tempo jazz playing or straight-on rock.
Drum Sound Reaction
When playing fast open rolls, flams, or ghost-style, single-handed buzz rolls, the sound remains continuous between each hit. And press/closed rolls sound even smoother with the snare buzz resonance reacting in a natural way.
When playing the hi-hat from a fully open position and slowly closing it, a perfectly smooth transition in sound is achieved. Playing in the half-open position or even in a slightly open position, the sound remains constant. And the foot-closed sounds and foot splashes are easier to control.
How the drummer hears himself and how the drum sounds are heard within the music have been given priority, and by taking advantage of enhanced DSP power, a new ambience section has been created. On the front panel of the TD-30 there is a dedicated fader for the overall ambience balance.
Overhead Mic - For recording drums in the studio, placement of the overhead mics is a must to guarantee a natural presence and brightness in the sound.
Room Ambience - You can adjust the room size and the room mic position within a choice of room types that include a concert hall, studio, club, arena, etc.
Reverb - A customized reverb has been specially created for the snare, kick, and toms, helping them to musically blend together inside the music in an even more natural way.
Recording Studio Applications
The TD-30 offers sound creation potential for all aspects of drumming performance. You can choose from a wide selection of snare drums, change the head type and tuning, move individual microphone positions, customize the shape of the room the drums are in, and adjust both the overhead mic and room mic positions. Enhance your sound with the effects and create the perfect audio balance with the individual kit mixer-all within the TD-30!
Powerful Onboard Effects
Each pad can have its own compressor and 3-band graphic EQ, just like in a recording studio. New multi-effects include insertion effects like the saturator or a flanger. And, as in the studio, the final sonic touches can be realized with a powerful stereo compressor and a 4-band master EQ.
- Drum Kits: 100
- Drum Instruments - 1100
- Backing Instruments - 262
- Drum Kit Chains: 16 chains (32 steps per chain)
- Effect Types:
- Pad Compressor (each pad)
- Pad Equalizer (each pad)
- Ambience Section: Overhead Mic Simulator, Room Type (25 types), Reverb
- Multi-Effects: 21 types
- Master Compressor
- Master Equalizer
- Reverb (for backing part)
- Chorus (for backing part)
- Percussion Sets: 8
- USB Memory Song Player: Audio File: WAV, MP3
- User Patterns - 100
- Preset Patterns - 100
- Parts - 6
- Play Type - Oneshot, Loop, Tap
- Recording Method - Realtime
- Maximum Note Storage - approx. 40,000 Notes
- Graphic LCD 80 x 256 dots
- 7 segments, 3 characters LED
- Trigger Level Indicator (LED)
- 8 (kick, snare, toms, hi-hat, crash, ride, aux, ambience)
- Trigger input jack x 15
- Master out jacks (l/mono, r) (1/4-inch phone type)
- Direct out jack x 8 (1/4-inch phone type)
- Digital out jack (coaxial type, 44.1 khz/24-bit)
- Phones jack (stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- Mix in jack (stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- MIDI connectors (in, out/thru)
- USB computer port (midi)
- USB memory port
- Foot sw jack (1/4-inch trs phone type)
- AC in jack
- Power Consumption:
- 18 W
- Owner's Manual
- CD-ROM (Play-along Audio Song/USB Driver)
- Power Cord
- Options (sold separately)
- Pads (PD series, PDX series)
- Cymbals (CY series)
- Kicks (KD series)
- Hi-Hats (VH series, FD series)
- Acoustic Drum Triggers (RT series)
- Footswitches (FS-5U, FS-6)
- Personal Drum Monitors (PM-30, PM-10)
- USB Flash Memory
Buy today and wield the world of percussion in the palm of your stand!
- Width: 13" (330mm)
- Depth: 10 1/16" (258mm)
- Height: 4 3/16" (106mm)
- Weight: 7lbs 1oz. (3.2kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.