- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sabian Chick Corea Royalty Ride LE
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L77608 000001000 L77608000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The SABIAN Chick Corea Royalty ride is a special limited-edition flat ride created from one of the most recognizable cymbals in jazz drumming history...Click To Read More About This Product
A precise recreation of the flat ride cymbal Roy Haynes played on Chick Corea's landmark jazz album "Now He Sings, Now He Sobs"
The SABIAN Chick Corea Royalty ride is a special limited-edition flat ride created from one of the most recognizable cymbals in jazz drumming history. After completing the sessions for the trio album "Now He Sings, Now He Sobs" in 1968, iconic drummer Roy Haynes gave Chick Corea the ride cymbal he used for the recording. That album went on to become one of the most acclaimed of Corea's long career, and the cymbal become a treasured possession.
Many drummers since have sought to emulate the ride sound from that record, so SABIAN requested to examine the exact cymbal in order to create a copy. That's how the Chick Corea Royalty ride came to be. SABIAN Master Product Specialist, Mark Love, managed to capture the beauty and all the intricate sonic qualities of this cymbal and craft these limited-edition copies. This is not only a complex, textured ride, but also a replica of jazz cymbal history.
- A meticulous replica of the ride used by Roy Haynes on the Chick Corea album “Now He Sings, Now He Sobs”
- Copied from the exact cymbal now owned by Chick Corea
- A unique, 18" flat ride with a sought-after tone that shines in intimate jazz sessions
- Captures the stick sound that has transfixed drummers for decades
Own an impeccable piece of jazz history. Order now.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.