- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
TAMA Imperialstar 8-Piece Drum Set in Black Nickel Hardware with Meinl HCS Cymbals
Blacked Out Black
- Write a Review
- K48599 000001000 K48599000001000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With more than four decades of drum building experience, TAMA knows what drummers really want. With this in mind, Tama has again applied their experi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Tama’s Imperialstar series continues to be refined for the ultimate beginner playing experience.
With more than four decades of drum building experience, TAMA knows what drummers really want. With this in mind, Tama has again applied their experience and innovation to improve their award-winning Imperialstar line. Imperialstar continues to be the undisputed entry-level kit standard due to Tama's time-tested consistency, excellent sounding shells, ergonomic and durable hardware and full set of Meinl HCS cymbals. Tama's new Stage Master 40 series hardware adds further improvement and distinction to Imperialstar.
The 40 series features a redesigned and sleek double-braced tripod design that follows the design line of Tama's higher end hardware. All stands also feature an updated die cast collar joint that securely locks-in height positioning and the cymbal stands feature Tama's Quick-Set Cymbal Mate for efficient ease of cymbal set up. Tama's HP200P is included with pro features including sold base plate, chain drive, Power Glide Cam, dual-side beater and separate spring tension and beater angle adjustment. To complete the hardware set-up, Tama includes a comfortable, height-adjustable throne.
Tama has partnered with Meinl cymbals to offer a full size of HCS series cymbals - 20" ride, 16" crash and 14" hi-hats. These cymbals allow the developing drummer to acquire a sense of musicality and offer a total drum set experience.
The heart of the kit lies in the Tama's shell specification. All shells are 6-ply 7.5 mm 100% Poplar and cut with Tama's precision bearing edges for 100% drum head to shell vibration transfer and sensitive response. All shells include Tama durable wraps that are 100% bonded to the shell with glue to prevent the wrap from warping for lifting.
Tama has applied their collective drum making expertise to add components that further add value to this kit and give it the feel and performance of a professional kit. The slick Omnisphere L-Rod tom holder is a ball/socket rotational design, which allows the toms to be positioned with flexibility and security. The L-Rods include memory locks and hold the tom without any metal support penetrating the tom shell, which helps to optimize drum tone. Tama’s Accu-Tune bass drum hoops provide excellent tuning stability and durability. The bass drum spur brackets are adjustable and include spur tips that can be recessed into a nylon housing when needed. Tama uses a large, smooth wing nut throughout the kit that are easy to turn and easy on the fingers, a small but important detail.
- Includes MTH600 double tom holder (x2), HS40W snare stand, HC43BW boom cymbal stand, HC42W straight cymbal stand, HH45W hi-hat stand, HP200P Iron Cobra 200 drum pedal (x2), MHA623 hi-hat stand attachment and drum throne
- MEINL HCS 14" hi-hat, 16 and 18" crash, and 20" ride
- 100% poplar 8-ply 7.5 mm shell
- Black nickel shell hardware
- New Stage Master 40 series hardware
- Iron Cobra 200 drum pedal
- Includes drum throne
- MEINL HCS cymbals
- Wrap-glued to the shell
- Omnisphere tom holder
- Accu-Tune bass drum hoops
- TAMA Precision bearing edges
- Durable drum heads
Call or click to order today!
- Bass drum(s): 22x18"
- Tom(s): 8x7", 10x8", 12x9"
- Floor tom(s): 14x12", 16x14"
- Snare: 14x5"
- Total pieces: 8
- Cymbals: Yes
- Total cymbals: 4
- Hardware: Yes
- Bass pedal: Yes
- Hi-hat stand: Yes
- Boom stand: Yes
- Straight stand: Yes
- Throne: Yes
- Hardware pieces: 6
- Shell material: Poplar
- Construction: 6-Ply
- Thickness (mm): 7.5
- Bearing edge: 45°
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: Omnisphere tom holder
- Hoops: Die-cast
- Lugs: Standard
- Heads: Factory
- Finish type: Wrap
- Origin country: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.