- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
TAMA STAR Mahogany Snare Drum
14 x 6.5 in. Natural Waterfall Sapele
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L73458 000001001 L73458000001001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With this STAR Mahogany snare drum, TAMA has expanded their flagship line of professional snares to include mahogany wood, one of the most storied ma...Click To Read More About This Product
Professional-level mahogany snare drum with thin 7-ply shell, die cast hoops and an outer ply of quilted sapele wood
With this STAR Mahogany snare drum, TAMA has expanded their flagship line of professional snares to include mahogany wood, one of the most storied materials in the history of high-end drum production. Combining a solid wood “crack” and powerful bottom-end sustain, this snare drum thrives in the demanding studio environments where professional session drummers make their bread, but also boasts refinements to ensure it cuts through live music with clarity.
This pro-level snare drum is built with a 7-ply mahogany shell that is 6 mm thin, designed to let the quality of the wood shine through with extra resonance. To retain that sustain while controlling overtones, each drum is fitted with sound focus rings, which ensure a clear sound that projects without losing the deep tones the material is known for. And rather than use a wrap finish or simple lacquer, STAR Mahogany drums feature an outer ply of quilted sapele, a wood with naturally beautiful grain patterns that complement the diamond band and STAR logo.
This premium drum comes complete with die cast hoops, a single row of 8 bridge lugs and high-quality steel carbon snare wires.
- Professional-level flagship wood snare drum
- 7-ply, 6 mm shell built thin for extended sustain
- Sound focus rings to control overtones and ensure clear cut
- Die cast hoops and single-row bridge lugs
- Steel carbon snare wires
- Outer ply of quilted sapele wood with gloss finish
- Diamond band design with distinctive STAR logo
The deep, powerful tones of mahogany in a professional snare drum. Order now.
- Snare size: 14x6.5"
- Total pieces: 1
- Shell material: Mahogany
- Shell construction: 7-ply
- Reinforcement ring: Yes
- Hardware material: Steel
- Hoop type: Die-cast
- Lugs: Bridge
- Throw-off: Side
- Snares: Steel carbon
- Finish type: Gloss
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.