- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
TAMA Superstar Classic 5-Piece Shell Pack with 20 in. Bass Drum
Tangerine Lacquer Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J73456 000004000 J73456000004000
6-Month* financing available.
Offering the full, professional-grade sound of a 100% maple drum set at a price lower than you’ll find from any of their competitors, Tama’s Supersta...Click To Read More About This Product
A mid-level kit that delivers high-end design, affordability and the unbelievable sound of maple.
Offering the full, professional-grade sound of a 100% maple drum set at a price lower than you’ll find from any of their competitors, Tama’s Superstar Classic kits represent a groundbreaking new step in the union of affordability and high-end design. Introducing a new generation of drummers to the benefits of all-maple construction, Tama is breaking down industry barriers with the release of these remarkably well-crafted sets.
Featuring Tama’s signature thin maple shells, the Superstar Classic is built with versatility, presence, and rich tone in mind. Supported by low-mass single lugs and the sustain-enhancing Star-Mount tom mounting system, these drums pack a warm, full-spectrum punch with a clean and clear finish. Triple-flange hoops on toms and snare drums add to the open sound, while all-maple bass drum hoops stabilize fat, full lows.
The Star-Mount System was developed specifically to maximize the resonance of drums. This mounting system provides support at four points on the batter side hoop of a drum. The bracket eye-bolts slide to the left and right, so the user can easily avoid the eye-bolts touching each other even when setting up two toms close to each other.
Sporting a carefully applied lacquer finish, this kit is available as a complete shell pack (with snare drum), the Superstar Classic series is a truly unique blend of price and performance. And as a special treat to celebrate the return of the Superstar name, Tama is reintroducing their classic Big T badge. You simply won’t find this kind of build quality and feature set anywhere else at this price point.
Hardware and cymbals sold separately.
- All-maple shells, TT/FT/SD: 6-ply, 5 mm / BD: 8-ply, 7 mm
- Star-Mount system
- Triple flanged hoop
- Low-mass single lugs
- Claw hooks w/rubber spacers
- Power Craft II drum heads
- Classic Tama T-badge
Call or click to order today!
- Bass drum(s): 20 x 16 in.
- Tom(s): 10 x 7, 12 x 8 in.
- Floor tom(s): 14 x 14 in.
- Snare: 14 x 5 in.
- Total pieces: 5
- Shell material: Maple
- Construction: 6-ply toms/snare, 8-ply bass drum
- Thickness (mm): 5 mm toms/snare, 7 mm bass drum
- Bearing edge: Not specified
- Reinforcement ring: Not Applicable
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: Traditional
- Hoops: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Low-Mass
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Lacquer
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.