- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha John " JR" Robinson Signature Model Snare
- Product 445305
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Hybrid Design Utilizes Copper Pins Embedded In The All-Birch ShellStarting with a 5-1/2" x 14" 7-ply all-birch shell, Yamaha drives 20 copper pins in...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Powerful, focused sound.
Hybrid Design Utilizes Copper Pins Embedded In The All-Birch Shell
Starting with a 5-1/2" x 14" 7-ply all-birch shell, Yamaha drives 20 copper pins into the shell's edge to obtain the particular sound that JR desired. Compared to an all-wood shell this unique design delivers a sound that is amazingly tight and focused. The shell is finished with a covering sheet of white gold.
Special Chromeplated Zinc Die-Cast Hoops And Small Lugs
The 3mm zinc die-cast hoops used on the drum produce a powerful attack and sharp decay. Small lugs have been chosen for their minimum lug-to-shell contact that lets the shell vibrate freely. The special chromeplating used on the hoops and lugs adds visual significance to the overall appearance.
25-Strand Snare And 2.7mm Wide Snare Bed
To get a larger, more sensitive snare sound Yamaha added 5 more hi-carbon steel strands to the usual 20 for a 25-strand snare. Also, the snare bed was increased 1.8mm to 2.7mm to inhibit any influence from the sympathetic vibrations produced by surrounding drums.
Newly Designed Remo Heads
The new Remo Emperor Coated heads are dot-type heads that have a clear border around the white playing area. Added durability is provided by means of a double dot center.
The drum is fitted with Yamaha's H-type strainer on the release side and G-type stainer on the butt side. Both strainers feature small footprints to provide minimum strainer-to-shell contact as well as easy operation. The butt-side trainer also provides snare tension adjustment.
- 7-ply all-birch shell with 20 copper pins Size: 5-1/2" x 14"
- Zinc die-cast hoop (3.0mm) with 10 holes (special chrome)
- Short, hi-carbon steel snare, 25 strands
- Remo Emperor coated dot-type batter head w/clear outer border
- Remo Ambassador snare-side head
- Shell All Birch Shell 7-ply (w/20 Copper Pins) Size : 14" x 5-1/2"
- Hoop Zinc Die-cast Hoop (3.0mm) with 10 holes (Special Chrome)
- Snare Short / Hi-carbon steel / 25 strands
- Head Batter Remo Emperor Coated Dot Type Head w/Clear outer border
- Bottom Remo Ambassador Snare
- Strainer Release side : H type Butt side : G type