- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Deering Boston 19-Fret Tenor Banjo
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J09460 000000000 J09460000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A great recording tenor banjo with resonator for sound projection, the Boston 19 fret tenor works for dixieland jazz, traditional jazz, or any style ...Click To Read More About This Product
Great for old timey, Dixieland or your own ideas.
A great recording tenor banjo with resonator for sound projection, the Boston 19 fret tenor works for dixieland jazz, traditional jazz, or any style you like to play. Tuned in fifths, C,G,D,A it is easily fingered by mandolin or violin players because the chord fingering is the same. This lighter weight Jazz banjo is easy to play and incredibly durable for years of enjoyment! The innovative steel rim construction of the drum provides a clear, crisp banjo tone that rings like a bell, records well and plays easily. There are higher-end banjos out there that do have better, warmer sound, but then you won't get one for the cost of a Boston.
- Beautiful woods and inlays
- Plays easy
- Projects well
- Multiple tuning options
- Hard case included
Anchor the band with this assertive and charming tenor. Order today.
- 19 Nickel-Silver Pressed In Frets
- Slender, Fast and Comfortable Deering Neck Shape
- Pearl Dot & Leaf Inlays
- Guitar Style Tuners,
- (Planetary Tuners available as an option)
- Nickel Plated and Durable 3/16" Steel Rim That Rings Like a Tone Ring
- Frosted Bottom 11" High Crown Head
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- Butterfly 24-Piece Flange
- 24 flat hooks with 9/32" Hex Nuts
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- White Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Has a clean and bright tone, easily heard in a band.
- Tuned: C,G,D,A for Dixieland or Traditional Jazz
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- 19 Fret Tenor Boston Banjo:
- Neck Width at the Nut: 1 3/16³
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge: 23³
- Resonator Diameter: 13 7/8³
- Overall Instrument Length: 35³
- Lifetime Warranty:
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.