- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gold Tone Octajo Octave Mandolin Banjo
- Write a Review
- J25539 000001000 J25539000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Octajo is a double-course tenor banjo tuned an octave below the mandolin. Featuring a 12” rim with bronze tone ring and an octave mandolin neck, ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Big voice folk instrument that fills the gap between mandolin and banjo.
The Octajo is a double-course tenor banjo tuned an octave below the mandolin. Featuring a 12” rim with bronze tone ring and an octave mandolin neck, the Octajo can be strung with either metal or nylon strings for a choice of dramatically contrasting tonal characteristics.
The Octajo fills a niche in a time when the octave mandolin is gaining popularity. It opens a new tonal spectrum in the banjo and mandolin families of instruments. The Octajo is Gold Tone’s folkternative Octave Mandolin Banjo with a huge voice that will find its way into all kinds of music.
- Neck: Maple
- Resonator: 14" maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Maple with ebony cap; 5/8"
- Rim: 3-ply Canadian maple
- Wood Finish: Vintage Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay: Snowflake
- Neck Binding: White ABS
- Nut: Bone
- Tuners: Die-Cast with metal buttons
- Tone Ring: Rolled Brass
- Plating: Chrome
- Arm Rest: "Hot Dog" Armrest
- Strings: GDAE - (Doubled) - .050w, .035w, .024w, .016,
- Flange: N/A
- Tailpiece: No Knot
- Tension Hoop: Flat Bar
Order this special instrument today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.