Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
A smoothly curved, diatonic harp with a 1950's look that features equal-tempered tuning, making it ideal for playing melodies.
Curved cover plates extend the entire length of the Golden Melody harmonica, providing increased resonant capacity. With a comfortably curved shape, the Golden Melody harmonica's smooth, rounded corners fit nicely into the palms of your hands as you play. Hohner sets the Golden Melody harmonica's reeds close to the open-framed mouthpiece, so it responds to the subtlest of commands-making the Golden Melody perfect for overblowing as well as for bending. You'll find taht the Golden Melody's sound is unique in its class with a slightly different tuning that produces full, rich, melodic tone.
Although it's a favorite harmonica among gospel and hymn players on Sunday mornings, the Golden Melody can definitely hold its own in the blues bar the night before. The Hohner Golden Melody harmonica is a favorite of great harpists such as Pierre Lacocque of Mississippi Heat, jazz virtuoso Howard Levy, and Levy's renowned Cuban-Canadian student, Carlos Del Junco. Its unique design, coupled with an airtight, dark red, plastic body sets the 10-hole Golden Melody harmonica apart. Its equal-temperament tuning makes the Hohner Golden Melody a natural for country music. And there's no doubt that your Golden Melody is the harmonica that can bring down the house on blues and rock numbers.
Choose your desired key!
Hohner is a family company founded in 1857 in Trossingen, Germany by Matthias Hohner. Hand-made quality and close attention to detail has set Hohner apart from the beginning. A top leading brand in harmonicas, Hohner harps are distributed worldwide. Hohner harmonicas are played on the street by buskers, in intimate nightclubs, on festival stages, and even in Carnegie Hall. Despite a diverse harmonica line used in music from country to classical genres, the most famous Hohner harmonicas are their simple, 10-hole diatonics used frequently by blues, rock, country, and folk musicians.
- 10-hole diatonic
- Standard (Richter) tuning
- Reeds: 20
- Reedplates: brass; 0.9 mm
- Plastic, red comb
- Length: 10 cm
- Hohner harmonicas feature:
- Improved reed profiles to increase reed life by over 200%
- Precision die punches to ensure reed plates with unparalleled air tightness
- Improved tuning accuracy (through investment in innovative new tools)
- Extremely stable stainless steel covers that won't tarnish and are easy to clean
- Dynamic range and highest volume of most any commercially made harmonica
- Super-fast response at all volume levels
- Easily adjustability for overblows
- A unique Hohner sound that is a tone benchmark for blues, folk, and rock
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.