- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hohner 560 Special 20 Harmonica - Low Tuning
- Product 584355
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 560 Special 20' airtight design makes it the most recommended go-to harp for harmonica players of any style, including blues, country, folk, or r...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The go-to harp for professionals and the first choice for those learning to play.
The 560 Special 20' airtight design makes it the most recommended go-to harp for harmonica players of any style, including blues, country, folk, or rock. It has the coveted Marine Band sound plus the added benefits of its plastic comb, which doesn™t absorb moisture. Plastic combs are more stable and do not swell, shrink, or crack. Plus they last longer and are more airtight than wood combs that can become swollen, twisted, and warped. Increased airtightness means increased responsiveness. Plastic also provides comfort and it's smoother on the lips, preventing chafing. Another plus of the 560 Special 20's design is that its smooth mouthpiece features reed plates that are recessed into the comb. This keeps the two (rather sharp) edges of the brass reed plates from harming the player's lips. It' the harp-of-choice of harmonica virtuoso John Popper of the band Blues Traveler and was played by Bob Dylan on his 2007-2008 tour. Chances are your favorite player has several of these in his case.
This particular 560 Special 20 harp is made in low tuning, which means that it offers one lower octave than standard-tuned harmonicas.
Choose your desired key!
Hohner is a family company founded in 1857 in Trossingen, Germany by Matthias Hohner. Hand-made quality and close attention to detail has set Hohner apart from the beginning. A top leading brand in harmonicas, Hohner harps are distributed worldwide. Hohner harmonicas are played on the street by buskers, in intimate nightclubs, on festival stages, and even in Carnegie Hall. Despite a diverse harmonica line used in music from country to classical genres, the most famous Hohner harmonicas are their simple, 10-hole diatonics used frequently by blues, rock, country, and folk musicians.
- 10-hole diatonic
- Low tuning (one octave below standard-tuned harmonica in the same key)
- Professional quality
- Genuine brass plates
- Plastic comb
- Bolted-on covers
- Reeds: 20
- Reedplates: brass; 0.9 mm
- Plastic comb
- Length: 10 cm
- Hohner harmonicas feature:
- Improved reed profiles to increase reed life by over 200%
- Precision die punches to ensure reed plates with unparalleled air tightness
- Improved tuning accuracy (through investment in innovative new tools)
- Extremely stable stainless steel covers that won't tarnish and are easy to clean
- Dynamic range and highest volume of most any commercially made harmonica
- Super-fast response at all volume levels
- Easily adjustability for overblows
- A unique Hohner sound that is a tone benchmark for blues, folk, and rock
Get an awesome response, superior bendability, and the sweetest tone when you order the 560 Special 20 today.