- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kentucky KM-156 A-Style Mandolin
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J41494 000001000 J41494000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A member of Kentucky's KM-150 series line, the KM-156 is notable for its rich, transparent brown high-gloss finish, which recalls famous mandolins of...Click To Read More About This Product
The 150 series combines great tone and playability with period-correct styling and affordability.
A member of Kentucky's KM-150 series line, the KM-156 is notable for its rich, transparent brown high-gloss finish, which recalls famous mandolins of the prewar era. This carefully applied, ultrathin nitrocellulose lacquer is exactly the same finish that was used on most prewar originals–and it promotes optimum sound as well as looking beautiful and vintage correct.
The neck and body are joined by a modified dovetail joint in the traditional style, which guarantees the greatest strength as well as optimum sound transmission. Genuine solid alpine spruce–meticulously hand-carved and graduated–is used for the top while the back, sides and neck are of select solid maple. This is why Kentucky 150 series mandolins outperform everything in their price range and some costlier makes as well.
Perfectly shaped arching, the finest woods and the skill of luthiers make the KM-156 a world-beater in every respect!
- Solid carved alpine spruce
- Solid carved maple back and sides
- Slim maple neck
- Choice East Indian rosewood fretboard
- High-gloss, transparent brown nitrocellulose lacquer
- Recommended cases: C-1521, C-3720
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.