- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kentucky KM-508 Artist A-Model Mandolin - Gold Top
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L68833 000001000 L68833000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The new Kentucky KM-508 Gold Top Artist A-model Mandolin combines traditional design with a classy 1950’s look; creating one exceptional instrument t...Click To Read More About This Product
Traditional design with a '50s look.
The new Kentucky KM-508 Gold Top Artist A-model Mandolin combines traditional design with a classy 1950’s look; creating one exceptional instrument that sparkles and shines in the hands of any player.
Only the highest quality hand-selected, and naturally dry-aged European spruce and maple are used to construct each instrument to provide plenty of power, volume and playability to assure that the KM-508 not only has the right look, but also a sound that’s worth its weight in gold.
- Solid carved German spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid carved flamed maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Radiused premium ebony fingerboard gives extra durability and striking good looks
- Metallic gold top for vintage beauty and appeal
Great tone and Kentucky mandolins go hand in hand. Order today.
- Back and Side Material: Solid Flamed Alpine Maple
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Body Style: A-Model
- Bridge Material: Polished Ebony with Adjustment Wheels
- Fingerboard Binding: White ABS
- Fingerboard Inlay: M-O-P Dots
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish: Metallic Gold Top
- Neck / Body Joint: Dovetail
- Neck Material: One-piece Alpine Maple
- Note: Accepts Loop-end Strings Only
- Number of Frets Clear: 15
- Number of Frets Total: 22
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 1/8 in.
- Peghead Inlay: Mountain Rose peghead inlay in red pearl, abalone and mother-of-pearl with Kentucky logo in pearl
- Peghead Overlay: Black ABS
- Pickguard: Black/White/Black ABS with beveled edge
- Plating: Gold-plated / Pattern and Logo Stamped
- Scale Length: 13 7/8 in. (354mm)
- Soundhole Shape: Traditional F-Hole
- Tailpiece: 1920s-style Stamped Brass / Press-fit Cover
- Top: Select Solid German Spruce
- Top Purfling: Multi-ply W-B-W / Top and Back Inlay
- Truss Rod: Vintage Single Adjusting
- Tuning Machines: Standard Gotoh 4-on-a-plate / Removable Pearloid Buttons
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.