- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kentucky KM-858 Artist F-model Mandolin
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L68847 000001000 L68847000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The traditional F-model mandolin as we know it today was introduced by Loar in the early 1920’s and represents the epitome of design and function. Fo...Click To Read More About This Product
The Midas Touch in mandolin tone.
The traditional F-model mandolin as we know it today was introduced by Loar in the early 1920’s and represents the epitome of design and function. For Kentucky, the KM-858 Gold Top Artist F-model Mandolin represents their own achievements when it comes to high-quality, professional level instruments specifically designed to meet the demands…and budgets…of players at every level.
By using the finest naturally dry-aged Alpine tone woods – a Kentucky Exclusive – and topping it off with a beautiful, sparkling Gold lacquer top finish, the KM-858 really is a gem in the line and will put the Midas Touch on your tone.
- Solid German spruce carved top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Select solid flamed Alpine maple back and sides provide extra punch
- Slim select Alpine one-piece maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Premium radiused ebony fingerboard gives extra durability and striking good looks
- Metallic gold top for lasting beauty and luster
Great tone and Kentucky mandolins go hand in hand. Order today.
- Back and Side Material: Solid Flamed Alpine Maple
- Binding: IV/B/IV Multi Binding
- Body Style: F-Model
- Bridge Material: Polished Ebony with Adjustment Wheels
- Fingerboard Binding: Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Inlay: M-O-P Dots
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish: Metallic Gold Top
- Neck / Body Joint: Traditional Dovetail
- Neck Material: One-piece Select Flamed Solid Apline Maple
- Note: Accepts Loop-end Strings Only
- Number of Frets Clear: 15
- Number of Frets Total: 22
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 1/8 in.
- Peghead Inlay: Rose of Sharon/Logo Script
- Peghead Overlay: Black ABS
- Pickguard: Multi-Ply B-W-B
- Plating: Gold-plated / Pattern and Etched Logo
- Scale Length: 13 7/8 in. (354mm)
- Soundhole Shape: Traditional F-Hole
- Tailpiece: 1920s-style Stamped Brass / Press-fit Cover
- Top: Solid German Spruce
- Top Purfling: Multi-Ply IV-B-IV Top and Back / single IV
- Truss Rod: Traditional Two-Way Adjustable
- Tuning Machines: Standard 4-On-A-Plate/Removable Grained Ivoroid Buttons
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.