- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
LM-520 Hand-Carved F-Model Acoustic Mandolin
Condition 2 - Blemished Sunburst 190839854537
- H72545 005001042 H72545005001042
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The hand-carved LM-520 F-model mandolin is the response to players' requests for a value priced mandolin with more stripped down appointments yet a s...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) No frills, just a hand-carved, fully graduated spruce top and a hand-carved maple back for optimal tone.
The hand-carved LM-520 F-model mandolin is the response to players' requests for a value priced mandolin with more stripped down appointments yet a similar sound to the best-selling Loar LM-600 mandolin.
The 520 is carefully assembled in the same hand-carved workshop that gave birth to the LM-400 and 700, and have similar hand-carved, fully graduated spruce tops. The solid maple back of each instrument is also hand carved, and the solid maple sides complete the package. The maple neck has a comfortable rounded V profile finished with a rosewood fretboard. The compensated adjustable ebony bridge and high quality vintage-style Grover tuning machines insure that these mandolins have great intonation and stay in tune no matter how hard they are played.
Perfect for players who want a high-quality, great-sounding hand-carved mandolin but don't need all of the bells and whistles, these minimally appointed instruments deliver the high-end tone, chop and projection the music community has come to expect from The Loar. Case sold separately.
- Top: Solid Hand-carved, fully graduated spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid hand-carved, fully graduated maple back, solid maple sides
- Neck: Maple with rounded "V" profile
- Fretboard: Bound rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: M.O.P. Logo
- Finish Type: Gloss
- Finish Options: Vintage Sunburst
- Tuning Machines: Grover with Pearloid Buttons
- Scale Length: 13-3/4 in.
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Frets: 29
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Nut and saddle: Bone
- Bridge: Compensated adjustable ebony
- Upper Bout: 6-3/4 in.
- Lower Bout: 10 in.
- Nut, Width: Bone, 1-1/8 in.
- Depth: 2-1/2 in.
- Body Length: 12-3/4 in.
- Total Length: 27-1/4 in.
- Case sold separately
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.