- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland FR-4XB-BK V-Accordion
- Write a Review
- Product J45405
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With its compact dimensions, light weight and responsive pressure-sensing bellows, the new Roland FR-4X feels as familiar as your favorite acoustic a...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Compact and powerful: the V-Accordion revolution continues.
With its compact dimensions, light weight and responsive pressure-sensing bellows, the new Roland FR-4X feels as familiar as your favorite acoustic accordion. But with the same powerful sound engine as Roland’s flagship FR-8X, this digital accordion goes much further. Choose from a wide selection of accordion sounds from around the world. Play in silence using headphones or connect to a PA for live performance. Control other electronic musical instruments via the MIDI connector. Record your playing onto a convenient USB drive and share your music with the world.
Traditional acoustic accordions offer one dedicated sound. The new FR-4X puts an entire orchestra in your hands with a choice of onboard sounds that support any musical style. Maybe you’ll dabble in more than 40 preset accordion sets, switching between French musette and Russian bajan in the same song. Perhaps you’ll investigate over 150 orchestral sounds derived from Roland’s latest keyboards, transforming your accordion into an organ, string quartet or bass guitar. You could add chorus, reverb and rotary effects, or accompany your melody lines with 3 drum kits. The Roland FR-4X is a truly open-ended instrument.
The digital accordion that honors tradition
If you play a traditional accordion, you won’t want to compromise on the expressive feel and portable format. You don’t have to with the Roland FR-4X, which plays like a great acoustic accordion and travels light. The intuitive layout of 37 velocity-response keys and 92/120 buttons (right/left hand) feels instantly familiar. The dynamic pressure-sensing bellows circuitry lets you tailor the inertia to your preference. This new digital accordion might feature lots of onboard technology, but its light weight and compact size – plus the option of AC adaptor or AA batteries – make it a great choice for players on the move.
Flexible outputs for a variety of music-making scenarios
The Roland FR-4X has the flexibility to support you, wherever you’re making music. The headphone socket lets you practice at home without disturbing the neighbors. When you’re on the move, twin 11W speakers + 1 tweeter supply the sounds. Ambitious music-makers can connect with external MIDI devices like the Roland BK-7m sound engine. Gigging accordion players will appreciate that this instrument is fully stage-ready, connecting direct to a venue’s PA system via the Line Out, and sparing you the headaches of trying to mic up a traditional accordion.
Jam with your favorite songs – or record your own
The USB memory port is your pathway to some of the Roland FR-4X’s most useful features. By inserting a USB stick preloaded with your favorite songs or your band’s latest material, you can jam along with the music as it plays back, and perfect your parts at your convenience. If you want to get creative, meanwhile, the FR-4X features a handy onboard recorder: simply record a new part, save it to a USB stick, then transfer your creation to a computer from USB stick and share it with the world. USB export is also the safest way to store your customized sound settings. That little port gives you a lot of options.
- 37 keys and 92/120 buttons (right/left hand)
- Compact dimensions and light weight
- Sound module and user interface from Roland FR-8X
- Headphones/line output
- 100 accordion sound sets (including 60 user presets)
- More than 150 orchestral sounds, 32 organ sounds, 3 drum kits
- Onboard chorus, reverb and rotary effects
- Onboard audio recorder
- Fast response and high sensitivity from bellows pressure-sensing circuitry Bellows Resistance Regulator to adjust bellows’ inertia
- Powerful onboard amplification system (2x 11W speakers + 1 tweeter) Character-type LCD screen
- 4x expansion slots for access to further tone libraries (Balkan and Dallape expansions are pre-installed)
- Dedicated FR-4X Editor available via USB connection
- USB connection and MIDI I/O
- USB memory card port for song playback and recording
- Powered by AC adaptor or 10x AA batteries
- Available in black or red (limited production), made in Italy
- Play in any style with customizable onboard tones
The future of accordion is now. Order today.