- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Alvarez AGW770CEAR 6 String Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L25366 000001000 L25366000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AGW770CEAR Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric guitar is a premium Artist Series guitar made from the finest materials that displays Alvarez’s ren...Click To Read More About This Product
Clear and balanced with exceptional tone and value, comfortable beveled armrest.
The AGW770CEAR Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric guitar is a premium Artist Series guitar made from the finest materials that displays Alvarez’s renowned high gloss, fine finish over a beautiful solid black walnut top. The AGW770CEAR's flamed maple binding runs into a slim bevel armrest creating comfort while you play and a high-end feature to enjoy aesthetically.
Tonally, the AGW770CEAR has the articulation a Grand Auditorium can offer with a little more emphasis on the trebles. Being made of walnut, the projection is nicely harnessed with a really quick response, which produces a more focused projection and fewer overtones, making this guitar a great choice for recording and live work.
To make an acoustic-electric, the AGW770CEAR is fitted with the discrete, but lively, SYS100 pickup and preamp which is located in the endpin and controlled by a smartly designed soundhole console offering volume and tone controls. Overall, this guitar is a premium quality instrument offering amazing value, with a sophisticated voice and stunning aesthetic.
After 50 years of making guitars, continual improvement through the use of emerging technologies, processes, and materials is still at the heart of Alvarez culture. Alvarez guitars are constructed correctly in every sense, from raw material preparation to construction and manufacturing processes. Their tonewoods are carefully cured; components such as neck blocks and wood joints are carefully designed. The painting, sanding and polishing techniques used are continually researched and developed, and the tone is impeccably crafted and married to a stable, consistent and lively sound box.
This caring approach to development comes from one simple goal: To deliver the best guitars in the market at every price point, instruments that are truly amazing value and offer a fantastic player experience. Alvarez believes their multi-award-winning Artist Series is one of the finest solid top guitar lines in the world today and demonstrates their commitment to design.
The term “solid top” refers to the soundboard of an acoustic guitar being made of solid wood, rather than being laminated. However, just because the top is solid, it does not necessarily mean the sound automatically benefits from this feature. The tone of the instrument only improves significantly when the whole guitar is built correctly to optimize the energy a solid soundboard can generate. Artist Series is built to do exactly this.
Artist Series guitars feel right and are exciting to play; no matter if you are strumming hard or picking lightly, the guitar will do what you ask of it. All of Alvarez's tops are selected by their team and graded independently of their suppliers. If it isn't worthy, they won’t use it. Top quality improves as you move up the Artist Series models, but all are stiff and finely grained.
Along with a more angled headstock, the Alvarez bi-level bridge increases string tension by making the break angle of the strings from the saddle to the top more acute. Improved string tension adds to their sound, feel and response, which are also heightened by the use of real bone nuts and saddles.
- All-black walnut top, back and sides
- Flame maple slim bevel armrest and binding
- Mother-of-pearl and paua abalone inlays
- Bi-level polished Indian laurel bridge
- D'Addario EXP16's
- High-gloss Shadowburst finish
Order this awesome Alvarez today.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes
- Top wood: Solid selected black walnut
- Back & sides: Black walnut
- Bracing pattern: MST1 - mid-shifted, scalloped X
- Body finish: Shadowburst/High Gloss
- Neck shape: Shallow V to C
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pau ferro/Indian laurel with 12th fret inlay
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2" (648 mm)
- Number of frets: 21
- Neck finish: Semi-gloss
- Pickup/preamp: TSYS100 under saddle active pickup with tone and volume
- Headstock overlay: Pau ferro/Indian laurel
- Tuning machines: Premium die-cast
- Bridge: Bi-level pau ferro/Indian laurel
- Saddle & nut: Real bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Flamed maple armrest bevel
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: No
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.