- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
C.B. Gitty Cigar Box Diddley Bow One-String Guitar Kit
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J33560 000001000 J33560000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The C. B. Gitty "Diddley Bow" Kit will surprise you with what you can do with just ONE string. This is how the Blues began…and many cultures around t...Click To Read More About This Product
You'll be surprised with what you can do with just ONE string.
The C. B. Gitty "Diddley Bow" Kit will surprise you with what you can do with just ONE string. This is how the Blues began…and many cultures around the world have uni-string instruments. All you need in the kit is here, and basic tools like drill, saw, screwdriver, file etc are all you need. Want to find out how BB King and (yes) Bo Diddley got their start? It's right here.
A diddley bow is a one-string instrument whose lineage goes back thousands of years. The first prototype diddley bow (in the style also known as a Musical Bow) was painted on cave walls in France upwards of 15,000 years ago.
Traditionally, diddley bows were made using a plank with two nails/posts with a tightened string stretched between them. When that string is plucked or struck with a stick, and a smooth hard object is used as a slide and moved up and down on the string, different pitches result and melodies can be played. You can see a picture of the style of diddley bow built from this kit above.
Makes a great project to do with kids too. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.