- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Cole Clark Angel 2 Series Australian Eco Blackwood Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- #J47383 000001000 J47383000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Cole Clark guitars have a bold sense of self in terms of design and materials, and their guitars have a consistency of personality that is the hallma...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Natural-sounding pickup system.
Cole Clark guitars have a bold sense of self in terms of design and materials, and their guitars have a consistency of personality that is the hallmark of all great instrument makers.
The materials used in creating the Angel 2 Series Australian Eco Blackwood Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar are sourced from abundant Australian tree stocks, and those groves are tended with care for replenishment. Cole Clark employs classical construction methodologies alongside innovative design and manufacturing techniques to produce a lighter, stronger guitar with a completely natural sounding pickup. The Grand Auditorium body style of the Angel 2 Series Australian Eco Blackwood features a rounded lower bout, somewhat reminiscent of the smaller jumbo guitars.
An Australian blackwood top and Australian blackwood back and sides combine to create a broad, warm and bright acoustic guitar sound that will charm any fan of quality guitar sound. The Queensland maple neck is sure and steady, comfortable to play. Please note that Queensland maple isn’t even related to American maples. This is an unusual wood that lends itself extremely well to guitar building, especially in neck construction.
Its pickup system is truly spectacular, with six individual piezo sensors underneath the bridge saddles that provides excellent string separation and clear, round, warm response across the lower frequency spectrum. The piezo sensors can be blended with Cole Clark’s patented Face Sensor, a magnetic sensor mounted to the top of the guitar, and integrated into the top bracing, specifically designed to optimize the midrange frequencies of the instrument. There is additionally a built-in condenser microphone that has no response below 2.4 kHz, so as to avoid any possibility for that low, woofing feedback that condenser mic systems encounter in stage environments. You can dial in the amount of microphone response you want with a rotary knob, so as to fill in the sparkle and complexity of the upper-end harmonics. There is a three-band slider-style EQ as well, which, when used in conjunction with the patented 3-way pickup system, allows you to dial in just the nuance you’re after. Great for recording.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Top wood: Blackwood Australian-grown
- Back & sides: Blackwood Australian-grown
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.73 in. (44 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- Neck wood: Maple Queensland
- Scale length: 25 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Cole Clark
- Configuration: Piezo and mic
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay:
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Inlaid timber binding
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: Australia
Exotic woods, outstanding design and construction, quality pickup. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.