- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple Acoustic-Electric Nylon String Classical Guitar
- Write a Review
- H68079 000001000 H68079000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Maple belongs to Cordoba’s Fusion Series, a line of high-quality crossover or hybrid-style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like st...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A nylon-string guitar for steel-string players.
The Maple belongs to Cordoba’s Fusion Series, a line of high-quality crossover or hybrid-style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars and have a nut width of 48 mm (1-7/8 in.). With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions, combined with a radiused fingerboard, give the Fusion Series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion Series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
Additional features include cutaway and non cutaway body styles, Fishman or B-Band pickups, two-way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba’s Fusion Series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Maple is built with a solid European spruce top and flamed maple back and sides. The neck has 12 frets to the body (14 also available), and has an ebony fingerboard. The bridge, binding, and headstock overlay are made of rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. The Maple is equipped with the Fishman Presys Blend pickup, and includes a deluxe Cordoba gig bag.
The 12 fret model more closely resembles a traditional classical guitar, and allows the bridge to sit a bit further back on the soundboard, where resonance is optimized for a large sound with long sustain. The 14 fret model has a more familiar upper register for steel string players. The bridge is shifted slightly forward from the center of the soundboard, increasing ease of playability for the steel string or electric player. More frets are exposed, creating an easier territory for soloing.
- Body type: Classical
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid European Spruce
- Back & sides: Flamed Maple
- Bracing pattern: Spanish fan
- Body finish: High Gloss Polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Fusion Style
- Nut width: 1.875 in. (48 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 19
- Neck finish: High Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 4-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Cordoba Silver
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Gig Bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Info not available
- Scale length: 25.5", (650mm)
- Fingerboard radius: 16"
- Nut width: 1 7/8" (48mm)
- Number of frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Body width at lower bout: 14.75", (375mm)
- Body length 39.5", (1,003mm)
- Body depth: upper bout: 3.7" (95mm), lower bout: 3.9" (100mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.