- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Duesenberg USA Caribou 12 String Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J43616 000001000 J43616000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Caribou is a chambered, dual pickup, 22 fret electric guitar, featuring a Cat Eye F-Hole and a 647mm scale. It is also available as a 12-string e...Click To Read More About This Product
The Caribou is a chambered, dual pickup, 22 fret electric guitar, featuring a Cat Eye F-Hole and a 647mm scale. It is also available as a 12-string edition.
The Caribou is made from solid Alder in which we route large sound chambers. The body is then fitted with a flat maple top featuring a modern Cat Eye F-Hole. The large sound chambers make this construction a crossover between a solidbody and a semi-hollow construction, resulting in a unique tonal character and resonance.
The Caribou is fitted with our proven Duesenberg pickup combination, comprising of the classicly wound Grand Vintage humbucker for the bridge and the warm and creamy Domino P90 singlecoil. The middle position of both pickups features a special wiring, which splits certain low end frequencies out of the humbucker's signal, resulting in an open and extremely versatile addition to your pallet of sounds. The Caribou 12-string edition is equipped with two Domino P90 singlecoils.
All our instruments are fitted with our own hardware, which you will only find on a Duesenberg. We design it with attention to even the smallest details to create truly unique instruments from tuner buttons to jack plates.
All our fretboards are carefully pleked and finished by hand for optimum playability and the smooth feel they are famous for.
Additionally, our Diamond Deluxe Tremola proved to be one of the best of its kind, providing buttery operation and outstanding tuning stability.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Flat Aluminium plate with Johnny Depp tattoo artwork
- Body wood: Solid Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: D standard
- Neck wood: 1-piece Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Indian Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.675 in. (42.5 mm)
- Configuration: HS
- Neck: Grand Vintage humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Grand Vintage humbucker
- Brand: Duesenberg
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tailpiece: Aluminum stop tailpiece
- Tuning machines: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 12-string
- Special features: Body wood
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Truss-rod tool
- Country of origin: United States
Make your mark with the right guitar. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.