- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone AJ-220SCE Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L44216 000001000 L44216000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Epiphone AJ-220SCE solid top acoustic features the classic 'Advanced Jumbo' style body with an elegant cutaway and has a solid mahogany top with ...Click To Read More About This Product
Solid topped jumbo with top-notch Shadow preamp system, comfortable neck and cutaway.
The Epiphone AJ-220SCE solid top acoustic features the classic 'Advanced Jumbo' style body with an elegant cutaway and has a solid mahogany top with a fresh Mahogany Burst finish. The AJ-220SCE includes all nickel hardware, including premium sealed die-cast tuners with 14:1 ratio for tuning accuracy and stability.
While the AJ shape plays a big role in its signature sound, the AJ-220SCE benefits from the use of premium materials and traditional construction methods. The top is made of solid Sitka spruce that not only sounds great right out of the box, but actually improves with age and lots of playing time. The back and sides are made of select mahogany. The solid mahogany neck has a 25.5” scale and is glued to the body using TiteBond glue and a traditional dovetail neck joint for great stability, tone, and sustain. The neck features Epiphone's classic 1960's SlimTaper D-profile with a smooth, fast, satin finish that’s easy to play. The bound fingerboard has a 12” radius with a 1.68” nut, 20 medium jumbo frets, and dot inlays. The classic "reverse-belly" bridge has a compensated saddle for traditional looks and accurate intonation. And, last but not least, the AJ-220SCE has a tortoise-style pickguard with traditional metal "E" to protect the top against pick marks on the beautiful Natural finish.
The AJ-220SCE is equipped with Shadow's Performer Tuner preamp and NanoFlex pickup system for great acoustic tone when plugged in. Made by Shadow Germany, the Performer Tuner preamp features all the controls you need to tailor the sounds of your AJ-220SCE to suit your playing style, volume level and venue size. Professional features on this state-of-the-art preamp include a built-in chromatic tuner, master volume, bass, treble, low battery indicator, and a Phase switch to help eliminate unwanted feedback. It also features a tuner/mute button which comes in handy when plugging in or unplugging your guitar. The Performer Tuner preamp uses two 2032 lithium watch batteries that are not only lightweight, but provide significantly longer life than old-fashioned, heavy 9-volt batteries. Under the AJ-220SCE's compensated saddle is Shadow's proprietary NanoFlex low-impedance pickup. Unlike a piezo, the NanoFlex’s unique and flexible sensing material features integrated active electronics and picks up not only string vibrations but also top and body vibrations as well for a truly acoustic tone without the harshness of piezo pickups.
- NanoFlex low-impedance pickup
- Shadow Performer tuner preamp
- 2-way adjustable truss rod
- Glued-in set neck joint
- Imitation tortoise pickguard with vintage metal E logo
- Nickel hardware
If you love what you see, add it to your cart and make it yours today.
- Body type: Advanced Jumbo
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid mahogany
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Mahogany Burst
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: SlimTaper C
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Granadillo
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Not specified
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Shadow
- Configuration: Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Premium die-cast with kidney buttons
- Bridge: Granadillo
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.