- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Blackback PRO Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J09486 000001000 J09486000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Les Paul Custom made its debut in 1954 after the initial success of the Les Paul Goldtop. Les Paul himself suggested his namesake guitar needed a...Click To Read More About This Product
Elegance and performance in one.
The Les Paul Custom made its debut in 1954 after the initial success of the Les Paul Goldtop. Les Paul himself suggested his namesake guitar needed a new and classy finish that would go well with a tuxedo on stage. From that point on, the Les Paul Custom Blackback was referred to as the "white tuxedo" Les Paul. And with its gold appointments, fully bound body, neck and headstock, and pearloid inlays, you'll agree that the Epiphone Les Paul Custom Blackback is "dressed to kill." Case sold separately.
While all Les Pauls share common design features, the Les Paul Custom Blackback differed from the Les Paul Standard with a solid mahogany body but without a maple cap. Epiphone's LP Custom Blackback follows that tradition by using a solid, carved mahogany body for a slightly mellower tone. Like the originals, the Epiphone Les Paul Custom Blackback is fitted with a solid mahogany neck that is hand-fitted with a glued-in joint for optimum neck-to-body contact, which allows the body and neck to act like one continuous piece of wood. The neck features a very comfortable and fast "SlimTaper "D" profile that has become the most popular profile found on today's Les Pauls. The result is a tribute to Les' timeless guitar design with the sound and feel that you can only get from a real Les Paul.
Epiphone has reproduced the beautiful faded look of vintage Les Paul Customs with an œAntique Ivory finish that looks just like a well-preserved vintage Les Paul Custom. Plus, Epiphone has also reproduced the œBlackback, a common feature in '70s-era Les Paul Customs. Finally, Epiphone equips this Limited. Edition LP Custom with classic "open-window" ProBuckers, each voiced for maximum response for lead, rhythm or any combo you choose. The Limited Edition 1970's Inspired Les Paul Custom Blackback PRO sounds like the real thing because it is the real thing! And at fraction for what youd pay for a vintage original.
Loaded with premium add-ons
Other premium features include Epiphone's LockTone Tune-o-matic/Stopbar combination bridge for increased sustain and easy string changes, 16:1 ratio Grover machine heads, a 7-layer bound body, a 5-layer bound headstock, and a comfortable single-layer bound rosewood fingerboard.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: SlimTaper D
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Pearl block
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: ProBucker-2 with open-window
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: ProBucker-3 with open-window
- Brand: Epiphone
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body binding
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
This is a lot of guitar and not available everywhere. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.