- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Classic PRO Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #J07385 002001000 J07385002001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Les Paul Custom made its debut in 1954 after the initial success of the Les Paul Goldtop. Mr. Les Paul himself wanted to convey to audiences that...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Dressed to kill with deluxe appointments and coil-tapping.
The Les Paul Custom made its debut in 1954 after the initial success of the Les Paul Goldtop. Mr. Les Paul himself wanted to convey to audiences that the solid body electric guitar was not a fad but a superb and challenging instrument and that his signature axe, the Les Paul, was the king of all electric solid body guitars. So, Les requested a Les Paul with a custom color finish in solid black and solid white with gold hardware that would blend well with a tuxedo.
The result was the Les Paul Custom, or the "tuxedo" Les Paul, as it became known among fans. The Les Paul Custom quickly became one of the most recognized guitars in the world and Les himself used his Les Paul Custom in concert, on his weekly television show with wife Mary Ford and on his album covers, including his famous duet with pal Chet Atkins, Chester and Lester.
Now with Gibson USA 490R and 498T open-coil pickups with the Custom's classic gold hardware, fully bound body, neck and headstock, and pearloid trapezoid inlays, you'll agree that the Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO is "dressed to kill."
Case sold separately.
Great Tonewoods, Classic Les Paul Sound
While all Les Pauls share common design features, the Les Paul Custom distinguished itself from the Les Paul Standard and Les Paul Goldtop with a solid mahogany body. The Les Paul Custom PRO carries on that tradition but with the added twist of a maple veneer top, which adds a subtle "bite" to the Les Paul Custom's legendary tone. Just like Les' personal Custom, the Les Paul Custom PRO has a solid mahogany neck with a 24.75" scale that's hand-fitted with a glued-in joint for optimum neck-to-body contact, which allows the Les Paul Custom PRO to resonate as one solid piece of wood. The rosewood fingerboard features pearloid block inlays and has a 12" radius, a 1.68" nut and 22 medium-jumbo frets.
The mahogany neck has a very comfortable and super fast SlimTaper "D" profile, the most-popular profile found on today's Les Pauls. The Custom PRO also features beautiful 5-ply (white/black) binding around the maple veneer top and the back along with single-ply cream binding around the body. The classic rosewood fingerboard is bound in white and the clipped dovewing headstock features 5-ply (white/black) binding along with a '50s era/Custom-style "split diamond" pearloid inlay and, of course, a vintage "Epiphone" logo in pearloid. The Kalamazoo-era bell-shaped truss rod cover features "Les Paul Custom PRO" in white silkscreen in tribute to Les' timeless design.
- Top: maple veneer
- Body: mahogany
- Neck: mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper; D profile
- Neck Joint: glued-in
- Truss Rod: adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: ebony with pearloid trapezoid inlays
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA 490R; Open-Coil
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA 498T; Open-Coil
- Controls: Epiphone all-metal 3-way pickup selector
- -neck pickup volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- -bridge pickup volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- -neck pickup tone
- -bridge pickup tone
- Body Top (5-ply white/black), antiqued
- Body Back (5-ply white/black), antiqued
- Fingerboard (1-ply white), antiqued
- Headstock (5-ply white/black), antiqued
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: gold
- Machine Heads: Deluxe Tuners, 14:1
- Guitar Weight: 6.5-7 lb.
- Pickguard: Black; 3-layer, unattached included with guitar
- Case sold separately
Grab a Les with the most. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.