Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan Acoustic-Electric Guitar Vintage Bursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan Acoustic-Electric Guitar Vintage Burst$749.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Specced like the vintage guitar the legend plays himself.
Frampton purchased his original Texan in 1968 while recording with Humble Pie. “I loved Steve Marriott’s guitar which was an Epiphone Frontier,” recalled Frampton. “I asked our guitar tech if he could find me one like it and he came back with the Texan. And I played it and loved it. Mine was made only 3 months apart from Paul McCartney’s in 1964. He wrote “Yesterday” on his and I wrote “Baby I Love Your Way” on mine.” Frampton’s original 1964 Texan has been his main songwriting guitar ever since and has been a constant companion on the road until it was retired in favor of his new Ltd. Ed. “1964” Texan. “I played the prototype on a British TV show and it sounded incredible. I’m so thrilled and honored.”
To match Frampton’s original 1964 Texan, today's Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan is constructed with a solid mahogany body married with a solid spruce top and beautified by a Faded Vintageburst finish and 3-ply ivory and black binding. The mahogany neck features a 1960s SlimTaper C-profile with a 25.5” scale length, 20 medium jumbo frets, 12” radius, and a pau ferro fingerboard with pearloid "parallelograms” inlays. The traditional sloped dovewing headstock comes with a replica of Frampton’s signature in silver, plus Frampton’s original serial number– “205898"–on the back, along with a “2018 Edition” logo. The 2-way adjustable truss rod has an Epiphone “bullet” shaped cover with a '60s-era Epiphone “E” logo in white. The pau ferro reverse belly bridge has a bone saddle and white bridge pins with "abalone" dots. The tortoiseshell-style pickguard also has a '60s-era silver “E” emblem.
Peter Frampton has long been a fan of L. R. Baggs pickup systems. For his Epiphone Ltd. Ed. “1964” Texan, Frampton chose the L. R. Baggs' cutting-edge EAS-VTC system, which includes both a soundhole pickup and a Flexible Film Sensor pickup in the saddle. The EAS-VTS system allows the Texan’s incredible dynamic range and true acoustic sound to shine through when plugged in. Unlike typical undersaddle acoustic guitar pickups that are dependent on string compression for their tone, the EAS-VTC system was engineered to mirror the soundboard’s actual movement as you play. The L. R. Baggs system includes soundhole-mounted controls for Master volume and tone along with a built-in LF filter. The L. R. Baggs EAS-VTC system is powered by a standard 9-volt battery.
Other appointments on this Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan worth noting are the use of the same Schaller M6 machine heads that Frampton uses on his customized vintage ’64 Texan, nickel strap buttons at the neck heel and body and a '60s-era blue soundhole label with the serial number and original Texan model number: FT-79. You also get an un-signed Certificate of Authenticity.
Case sold separately.
- Pearloid "Parallelograms" inlays
- Imitation Tortoise with foil "E" pickguard
- Vintage Rectangular Blue; Model: FT-79 with Peter's original serial number "205898"
- Sequential serial number on back of headstock
- "Bullet" shaped; 2-layer (B/W) truss rod cover with vintage "E" in white
- 2-way adjustable truss rod
- Glued-in neck joint
Hurry, only 100 left. Get yours before they're all gone. Order today.
Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid spruce
- Back and sides: Solid mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Not specified
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C Traditional 1960s SlimTaper
- Nut width: 1.62" (41.3 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pao ferro
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Soundhole mounted
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Schaller M6
- Bridge: Pau ferro
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Limited edition
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Unsigned Certificate of Authenticity
- Country of origin: China
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.