- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-400MCE Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #K36199 000004000 K36199000004000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Masterbilt DR-400MCE Acoustic/Electric guitar is Epiphone's most affordable solid body acoustic guitar ever made with the legendary build quality...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An affordable all-solid wood acoustic with Shadow's quality soundhole mounted electronics.
The Masterbilt DR-400MCE Acoustic/Electric guitar is Epiphone's most affordable solid body acoustic guitar ever made with the legendary build quality that Masterbilts are world famous for. Featuring a solid Sitka spruce top, cutaway for easy access, mahogany body and neck, bone nut and the superb eSonic HD preamp system and NanoFlex-HD pickup for true acoustic sound when plugged in.
Solid Sitka Spruce Top
Like all Masterbilts, the DR-400MCE features a solid wood top made from solid Sitka spruce. The DR-400MCE has a smooth cutaway for easy upper fret access and both the body and headstock black and white binding. The body and neck are made from solid mahogany and have a natural satin finish. The mahogany neck has an easy-to-play 1960's SlimTaper profile and is glued to the body with a dovetail joint. The Torrefied Composite "Blackwood” fingerboard has a 25.5 in. scale length, bone nut, 20 medium jumbo frets, and a 14 in. radius along with elegant pearloid “dot” inlays. The headstock has the classic Masterbilt asymmetrical profile with a pearloid '30s era Masterbilt logo and vintage "Stickpin" inlay. The cover for the two-way adjustable truss rod has “Masterbilt” in white. The body has an imitation tortoise pickguard, a Torrefied Composite "Blackwood” bridge, and a compensated bone saddle.
eSonic HD preamp system
The Masterbilt DR-400MCE is powered by the superb eSonic HD preamp system and NanoFlex-HD pickup located under the saddle. The eSonic preamp system is recognized as one of the best in the world for amplifying the true acoustic tone of your guitar on any stage without the harshness most acoustic guitar pickups are known for. Designed by Shadow Germany, the eSonic HD preamp’s sensitive controls are mounted in the soundhole for fast access and include Master Volume and Master EQ with center detent. The NanoFlex-HD pick up is powered by a long lasting 9-volt battery. The battery compartment is located next to the nickel 1/4” output jack for easy changing.
All of Epiphone’s Masterbilt acoustic guitars come with solid and reliable hardware. The DR-400MCE include Epiphone Vintage Premium Open-Back machine heads with a pro 18:1 tuning ratio plus a nickel 1/4 in. output jack and nickel strap buttons. The DR-400MCE is set up at the factory with Cleartone 12-53 acoustic guitar strings.
All Epiphone instruments are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty and Gibson Brands 24/7/365 customer service available to Epiphone owners anywhere in the world, anytime. Visit your Authorized Epiphone Dealer today to audition the affordable Masterbilt DR-400MCE and discover the legendary quality of Epiphone Masterbilt acoustic guitars.
- Epiphone’s most affordable solid-wood acoustic guitar
- Solid Sitka spruce top with cutaway
- Solid Mahogany body and neck
- Superb eSonic HD and NanoFlex Acoustic Pickup System
- Bone nut and Epiphone Vintage Premium Open-Back 18:1 machine heads
Order yourself this sweet-sounding Epiphone today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Not specified
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1960's SlimTaper
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Torrefied composite
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Shadow
- Configuration: Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Epiphone Vintage Premium; Open-Back; 18:1 Ratio
- Bridge: FSC Certified Torrefied Composite "Blackwood"
- Saddle and nut: Compensated bone/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: None
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.