- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone PR-4E LE Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L19965 000002000 L19965000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Epiphone PR-4E acoustic-electric guitar has been a best-seller since its release over a decade ago, giving beginners a chance to learn on a guita...Click To Read More About This Product
A fun entry-level guitar that lets you plug in for amplified fun as well.
The Epiphone PR-4E acoustic-electric guitar has been a best-seller since its release over a decade ago, giving beginners a chance to learn on a guitar that had both professional sound and quality construction at a great price. The PR-4E continues Epiphone’s long tradition of building every instrument to last a lifetime.
The PR-4E features a select spruce top, one of the preferred tonewoods when making acoustic guitars because of its ability to hold up to hours of playing time in all kinds of venues and still project a rich tone. The PR-4E’s select spruce top is supported by vintage-style X-bracing—just like vintage Epiphone Masterbilts—which not only supports the top but also gives the PR-4E considerable volume and balance for its size.
It’s a perfect guitar for singer-songwriters too, and thanks to the quality construction and combination of spruce and mahogany (back and sides), the PR-4E doesn’t suffer from sounding “boomy” or “scooped” like other beginner guitars. Its Venetian cutaway allows easy reach to the upper frets and gives the PR-4E a distinctive profile that’s both modern and classic. The PR-4E’s mahogany body features 5-layer white-and-black binding and the mahogany neck and single-layer white binding along the neck. The Epiphone-trademark Sloped Dovewing headstock features premium covered 14:1 ratio.
The PR-4E’s piezo pickup system is located under the saddle. The guitar’s built-in electronics are mounted on the upper bout of the guitar and feature easy-to-use boost and cut controls for treble, middle and bass. There is also a volume control along with a phase switch and a low-battery light indicator. A 9-volt battery compartment is located next to the EQ controls allowing for quick changes during a show.
Case sold separately.
Get started with this cool Epiphone today.
- Body type: Mini Jumbo
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern C
- Nut width: 1.68" (42.67 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Polyurethane
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Epiphone
- Configuration: Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Black veneer
- Tuning machines: Premium covered (14:1 ratio)
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle and nut: Imitation bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Pickup system
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.