- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender American Original '60s Telecaster Rosewood Fingerboard Electric Guitar
Lake Placid Blue
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #K48524 000002000 K48524000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The American Original '60s Telecaster is easily at home in any genre, thanks to its flexible sound, alluring style and smooth playing feel. In 1960, ...Click To Read More About This Product
A versatile classic with modern playability
The American Original '60s Telecaster is easily at home in any genre, thanks to its flexible sound, alluring style and smooth playing feel. In 1960, rosewood became the standard fretboard wood on the Tele. That same year, Fender launched the Telecaster Custom, an elegant model with a double-bound body and 3-ply pickguard.
The American Original '60s Telecaster builds on that design with Pure Vintage ’64 single-coil pickups, featuring period-accurate details like enamel-coated coil wire, cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The bridge pickup’s copper shielding plate adds zing to your tone while staggered pole pieces maintain a balanced volume between the strings. The mid-'60s C-shaped neck profile gracefully fills the fret hand; the 9.5"-radius round-laminated rosewood fingerboard will feel familiar to any player.
Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware—including three steel saddles—a vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood breathe naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
The American Original ’60s Telecaster borrows the best from that electrifying decade. Its modern, fast-playing feel and pickup switching will keep it current for decades to come.
- Details that capture the vibe of the 1960s Telecaster guitar
- Vintage-tall frets, '60s body, vintage-style hardware and hardshell case
- Pure Vintage '64 single-coil Telecaster pickups are as period-correct as possible
- Lacquer finish lets the body wood breathe
Get vintage '60s sound and modern playability. Order today.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Neck shape: ’60s "C"
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Round laminate rosewood
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Narrow tall
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.65" (42 mm)
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Proprietary Single-Coil Tele
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Proprietary Single-Coil Tele
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Bridge type: fixed
- Bridge design: 3-saddle vintage-style
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.