- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender American Professional Jazzmaster Maple Fingerboard Left-Handed Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L46954 000001000 L46954000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Originally intended for sophisticated jazz guitarists, the Jazzmaster was quickly embraced by musicians attracted to its left-of-center looks and fat...Click To Read More About This Product
An elegant left-handed model with flexible electronics and a rich voice.
Originally intended for sophisticated jazz guitarists, the Jazzmaster was quickly embraced by musicians attracted to its left-of-center looks and fat sound. A direct descendent of the guitar that powered underground music from the late-‘60s to today, the American Professional Jazzmaster is ready to lend its unique sound to your playing.
An elegant model with flexible electronics and a rich voice, the Jazzmaster’s introduction in 1958 marked the first time a rosewood fingerboard was used on a Fender instrument. This model features a maple fretboard. Thanks to its effortless playing feel and ergonomic offset- waist body, the Jazzmaster has powered infinite musical genres, including surf rock, gospel, new wave and indie rock, among others.
Developed by longtime pickup guru Michael Frank, creator of the renowned Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Pickups, the brand-new V-Mod Jazzmaster pickups kick out hot, vintage-inspired tone with plenty of punch and definition. Retain high end clarity when adjusting the volume controls, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit.
The new modern “Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords. The improved tremolo and bridge incorporate a screw-in arm and brass Mustang saddles that stabilize the strings while adding a touch of sonic zip to your tone.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jazzmaster is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend. Includes hardshell case.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Orientation: Left handed
- Neck shape: Modern Deep C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Tall narrow
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: V-Mod Single-coil Jazzmaster
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: V-Mod Single-coil Jazzmaster
- Brand: Fender
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume with treble-bleed, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge
- Tailpiece: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Screw-in Tremolo Arm
- Tuning machines: Die-cast sealed
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Go Pro with Fender. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.