- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender California Malibu Classic Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Hot Rod Red Metallic
- Write a Review
- #K47874 000002000 K47874000002000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
True creativity requires something new, something like the inspiring sound and feel of the Fender California Series Malibu Classic. The exclusive sma...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Short scale and body design for easier fretboard exploration with specially voiced preamp for plugged-in perfection.
True creativity requires something new, something like the inspiring sound and feel of the Fender California Series Malibu Classic. The exclusive small-body shape’s short scale gives it a slightly "slinkier" feel, encouraging you to reach for new chords and melodies. It looks as stunning as it sounds, with a fully-painted solid Sitka spruce top and natural solid mahogany back and sides, as well as a matching painted 6-in-line headstock and koa binding and rosette giving it a shot of electrifying attitude. The bold style and balanced, articulate sound make the Malibu Classic a natural partner on stage and in the studio.
The Malibu Classic exudes elegance and class with an unexpected style that is sure to turn heads wherever you go. Its no-compromise attitude even extends to its top-notch build quality, which features optimized bracing for reduced mass and superior resonance and an upgraded bone nut and saddle for exceptional sustain. It also comes equipped with a premium Fender- and Fishman-designed preamp system voiced specifically for the Malibu’s body shape, allowing you to plug in to an amplifier without sacrificing the guitar’s natural sound.
The lightweight mahogany neck of the Malibu Classic features a comfortable, easy-to-play, slim-taper “C”-shaped profile suitable for any playing style, and its pau ferro fingerboard and bridge further augment this instrument’s rich tone. With its superb playability, distinctive looks and unmistakable Fender vibe, the Malibu Classic is an instrument that defies expectations and stands out from the sea of traditional acoustics.
Includes a F-620 deluxe gig bag.
- Koa rosette
- 15.75 in. (400 mm) fingerboard radius
- Maple dot position inlays
- Modern Viking bridge
- Chrome hardware
- Fender Dura-Tone Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge) strings
- F-620 Deluxe gig bag
Explore your creative side with this fabulous Fender. Order today.
- Body type: Orchestra/OM (Malibu)
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Not specified
- Body finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Traditional C
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.1 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fender/Fishman
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Sealed nickel
- Bridge: Modern Viking
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Not specified
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear