- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender California Malibu Player Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #K47864 000001000 K47864000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
True creativity requires something new, something like the inspiring sound and feel of the Malibu Player. The exclusive small-body shape’s short scal...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Exudes cool vibes and famous Fender tone in a body designed for better feel.
True creativity requires something new, something like the inspiring sound and feel of the Malibu Player. The exclusive small-body shape’s short scale gives it a slightly "slinkier" feel, encouraging you to reach for new chords and melodies. It looks as stunning as it sounds, with a gloss metallic solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides, as well as a matching painted 6-in-line headstock and crème binding giving it a shot of electrifying attitude. The bold style and balanced, articulate sound make the Malibu Player a natural partner on stage and in the studio.
The same no-compromise attitude that gives the Malibu Player its uniquely killer vibe extends to every aspect of its construction. It features optimized bracing for reduced mass and superior resonance, a Graph Tech NuBone nut and saddle for greater sustain, and a Fishman preamp system that makes it easy to plug in without sacrificing the guitar’s natural sound.
The Malibu Player's lightweight mahogany neck features a comfortable, easy-to-play, slim-taper C-shaped profile suitable for any playing style, and its laurel fingerboard and bridge further augment this instrument’s vibrant tone. With superb playability, distinctive looks and unmistakable Fender vibe, the Malibu Player is an instrument for a new generation of fearless players.
- 2-ring B/W/B rosette
- Modern Viking bridge
- 3-ply gold pickguard
- 15.75" fingerboard radius
- Dot position inlays
- Fender Dura-Tone Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge) strings
Order this cool California-inspired guitar today.
- Body type: Malibu
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Optimized
- Body finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Slim taper C
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Walnut
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.1"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Nickel sealed
- Bridge: Modern Viking
- Saddle and nut: Graph Tech NuBone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.