Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Fender California Malibu Special Acoustic-Electric Guitar Matte Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Fender California Malibu Special Acoustic-Electric Guitar Matte Black$729.99
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The familiar tone of a Fender dreadnought with the smooth look and feel of a Fender electric neck.
The Malibu Special exudes a killer vibe and unexpected style that is sure to turn heads wherever you go. Its no-compromise attitude even extends to its top-notch build quality, which features optimized bracing for reduced mass and superior resonance and an upgraded bone nut and saddle for exceptional sustain. It also comes equipped with a premium Fender- and Fishman-designed preamp system voiced specifically for the Malibu’s body shape, allowing you to plug in to an amplifier without sacrificing the guitar’s natural sound.
The lightweight mahogany neck features a comfortable, easy-to-play, slim-taper "C"-shaped profile suitable for any playing style, and its pau ferro fingerboard and bridge further augment this instrument’s rich tone. With its superb playability, distinctive looks and unmistakably Fender vibe, the Malibu Special is an instrument as individual as you are.
- 15.75 in. (400 mm) fingerboard radius
- Maple Dots Position Inlays
- Modern Viking Bridge
- Chrome Hardware Finish
- Fender Dura-Tone Coated 80/20 bronze (.012-.052 Gauge) finish
- F-620 Deluxe Gig Bag
Order this cool looking Fender today.
California Malibu Special Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Dreadnought Malibu
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Not specified
- Body finish: Matte Black
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pau ferro
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.1 in. (612 mm)
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fender, Fishman
- Configuration: Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Nickel sealed
- Bridge: Modern Viking
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: China
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.