- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop 1962 Heavy Relic Stratocaster HSS Maple Fingerboard Masterbuilt by John Cruz
Black over 3-Color Sunburst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J43639 000001000 J43639000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
1962 is a legendary year for Stratocasters. Maybe it was the change from a "slab" fingerboard to the subtly arched, round-laminated version. Maybe it...Click To Read More About This Product
Vintage vibe in a hot-rodded Strat from Masterbuilder John Cruz.
1962 is a legendary year for Stratocasters. Maybe it was the change from a "slab" fingerboard to the subtly arched, round-laminated version. Maybe it was subtle neck profile changes. Or maybe is was just the times. Fender Custom Shop Master Builder John Cruz recreates his vision of a hot-rodded HSS '62 with this gorgeous Heavy-Relic version. Featuring an EVH humbucker in the bridge and hand-wound '60s Strat single-coils for the neck and middle, these guitars have the vibe of a well-played favorite coupled with the fit, finish and attention to detail for which Cruz and the Custom Shop are renowned.
- Heavy Relic-Finish solid alder body
- Mid-'60s Oval C flame maple neck with round-lam maple fingerboard
- Custom Shop hand-wound '60s Strat neck and middle, EVH bridge pickups
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo, vintage-style tuners
Call now for complete details.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Relic
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Mid '60s oval C
- Neck wood: AAA flame Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Relic
- Material: Round laminate Maple
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: 6105
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.65 in. (42 mm) Bone
- Configuration: HSS
- Neck: Hand-wound '60s Strat
- Middle: Hand-wound '60s Strat
- Bridge: EVH
- Brand: Fender Custom Shop
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle vintage-style synchronized tremolo
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Certificate of Authenticity
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.